Four Five Six Chinese Restaurant

Santa Clara, CA

Category: Chinese

Recent Reviews for Four Five Six Chinese Restaurant
October 13, 2005
I have been their a few times their lunch menus are reaonable. They really need to work on their dinner portions. They charge alot more for dinner and less food. Thier service is fairly quick. I will give them that.
April 22, 2003
<br> Their lunch specials are very cheap, and their food portions are decent. Service is ok most of the time.. Average food quality. I got your food relatively quickly, and I never had to wait for more than a minute to be seated... Don't go for dinner--food portions get smaller and prices get higher.
February 16, 2002
I have been going to 456 for years. I think it has changed owners a few times and hit a rocky spot for awhile where the food got pretty mediocre and I stopped going, but with the last change in ownership or management, it seemed to get back on track. I especially like their black bean sauce shrimp or chicken and their chicken with asparagus or green beans (the long chinese beans), also, won ton and hot and sour soups. Those are not on the menu but are generally listed on the specials board. Service is always fast and friendly and the prices are reasonable. The lunch plates are a good deal and a generous portion of food.I think the egg rolls and the chicken salad are a little weak, but my son loves the egg rolls anyway.
October 19, 2001
I get take-out from this place often. I can't say I was impressed with the Mandarin Pressed Duck, but then I haven't had this at any other place, so it could be that I just don't like it. I do love their Mongolian Beef, Empress Chicken, Orange Peel Chicken, Pu Pu Platter, Hot and Sour Soup, and Prawns with Snow Peas. Oh, and their Combination Fried Rice is great too!
December 31, 2000
Janet T.
California
The food here is great. I especially love the fried bananas they offer for dessert. I recommend the empress chicken entree if you're into the hot spicy type.
September 28, 2000
Alex B.
Very good food in a casual atmosphere. It used to be called 456 Firecracker but has since changed it's name and possible ownership. Prices are reasonable and service is good. Overall a good recomendation for this area since there are not too many asian restaraunts close by.
June 14, 2000
D
San Jose , California
Co-workers and I go here for lunch often. The service is very good (fast). They are also very open to "special orders". Dinner is also good, although they've raised the prices recently. Sea Bass in Black Bean Sauce, Walnut Chicken are really good.
December 7, 1999
Tried it for lunch one day -- pretty unimpressive. The dishes lacked much flavor. Definitely had better food elsewhere.
February 24, 1998
We're regulars here for take out and to eat in. We know all the wait staff now and they're all super nice. My favorite dishes are Imperial Pork & Garlic Chicken. My husband, who's family owned a Chinese restaurant for years, also loves the place. His top choices are Beef Noodle stew soup, walnut prawns and combination chow fun. This is also a good place to impress a Chinese mother-in-law! The free fried bananas at the end are great. Don't think that they're lingering with your bill, they're just adding the whipped cream to the bananas. No, not very Chinese, but good!
April 17, 1997
Food sizes are PLENTIFUL, the dinners for two or more are great choices and they substitute like demons, so you get what you want, all for the same price. A really great, casually dressed meal!