Zachary's Chicago Pizza

Recent Reviews for Zachary's Chicago Pizza
January 6, 2009
Brenda W.
New York , New York
I don't think I have much to add to the previous reviews -- I'm more a true Italian crispy thin crust person, but Zachs makes a mean pizza pie. The spinach-mushroom (request garlic also) deepdish is a signature Bay Area dish and a great crowd pleaser to take to a party. Worth a try!
September 12, 2008
Richard H.
Oakland , California
4 reviews , 1 photo
Well after many years of hearing about this place I ventured to it. I got lucky and had a parking place right in front 10 feet from the door at 1145 am. on a Thursday. I had called in for my order I saddle up and paid. My stuffed, NOT DEEP DISH, mushroom and pepperoni would be ready in 8 minutes. The people were nice it was clean . A great place for a lunch. Mine was to go. Got it, was heavy Placed inside my car and home in 15 minutes . Opened, still too hot to eat. OK. Wheres the pepperoni . I see some mushrooms. Cooled it off took a bite. WHAT THE THE BIG DEAL. It reminded me of Round Table pizza. I love Round Table. The sauce is tangy lots of herbs.But Round T. have more fresh mushroom and pepperoni. Zach is different , lots of chunky tomatoes...which is nice i guess. BUT ...what is the deal all about ? Sorry You all are caught in a marketing type frenzy or something it is not that impressive. Blondie was/ is good pizza. I will try the thin crust next time I am in the 'hood, Thi ... more
April 3, 2007
Bill Y.
San Leandro , California
140 reviews , 2 photos
This is really good pizza, very different from what you are used to...if you like traditional pizza like you get at Lo Cocco's you may find this overwhelming...but in this case too much of a good thing is a good thing! Good Beers and decent wine.
April 19, 2006
Thomas S.
San Francisco , California
122 reviews , 2 photos
After reading many positive reviews in the weekly papers for years about Zachary's , Barbara & I finally made it here for lunch. At 2:30 PM the place was packed with ecstatic customers. The room is sort'a funky, very populist, and smells divine with food aromas. We ordered a thin crust pizza with vegetables even though we saw all others ordering the Chicago Style deep dish. This is about the best Pizza I've eaten since I left my hometown of NYC in 1970. The cornmeal crust is crunchy & delicious. The sauce is the perfect mix of aromatic, slightly spicy, fresh tomato without the acid bite. The cheese amount was perfect & creamy. Good quality ingredients! I drank a pint of tap beer. Barbara had a glass of wine. We got a big bottle of fizzy water. A perfect lunch. I now tell other ex-pat New Yorkers who complain about poor quality west coast pizza to visit this place. Beats 99% of NY pizza places for flavor and pure eating satisfaction.
March 21, 2006
Thomas S.
San Francisco , California
122 reviews , 2 photos
After reading many positive reviews in the weekly papers for years about Zachary's , Barbara & I finally made it here for lunch. At 2:30 PM the place was packed with ecstatic customers. The room is sort'a funky, very populist, and smells divine with food aromas. We ordered a thin crust pizza with vegetables even though we saw all others ordering the Chicago Style deep dish. This is about the best Pizza I've eaten since I left my hometown of NYC in 1970. The cornmeal crust is crunchy & delicious. The sauce is the perfect mix of aromatic, slightly spicy, fresh tomato without the acid bite. The cheese amount was perfect & creamy. Good quality ingredients! I drank a pink of tap beer. Barbara had a glass of wine. We got a big bottle of fizzy water. A perfect lunch. I now tell other ex-pat New Yorkers who complain about poor quality west coast pizza to visit this place. Beats 99% of NY pizza places for flavor and pure eating satisfaction.
October 29, 2005
Incredible. Pizza. Spinach and Mushroom and you can't go wrong.
July 28, 2005
Jane G.
Crockett , California
I notice that the people who gave less than stellar reviews seem not to have tried the Spinach and Mushroom deep dish pizza -- the best thing Zachary's makes. I work at the airport and often see people taking this pizza home with them because they can't get it where they live. This is seriously good pizza and it isn't fair to judge until you've tried it. I LOVE this pizza and sometimes crave it the way I crave my mother's lasagne. I always order take-out because I don't fancy rubbing elbows and rear-ends with college students while I'm eating but I think I would have loved it when I was 25!
May 31, 2005
Not worth the wait.
April 20, 2005
Carlos S.
Malibu , California
Some of the best pizza ever They have the best pizza of the region, come and try all of them very delicious and great service
March 2, 2005
Edda O.
riverside , California
Hands down, the best pizza place on the west coast! I would make a stop here every time I visited the Bay Area--stuffed pizza has everything you need in a very filling meal---A++++
1 | 2 | 3 | 4  Next >