Zachary's Chicago Pizza

April 19, 2006
Thomas S.
San Francisco , California
122 reviews , 2 photos
After reading many positive reviews in the weekly papers for years about Zachary's , Barbara & I finally made it here for lunch. At 2:30 PM the place was packed with ecstatic customers. The room is sort'a funky, very populist, and smells divine with food aromas. We ordered a thin crust pizza with vegetables even though we saw all others ordering the Chicago Style deep dish. There are several other negative reviews posted for this place by folks complaining about the big fat doughy Chicago deep dish pizza. Well, DUH! When you see other people eating a 5 inch thick pizza monster and you do not like that kind - Don't order it! The more Italain style thin crust is just as good, even better for its modesty. This is about the best Pizza I've eaten since I left my hometown of NYC in 1970. The cornmeal crust is crunchy & delicious. The sauce is the perfect mix of aromatic, slightly spicy, fresh tomato without the acid bite. The cheese amount was perfe ... more
March 2, 2005
Edda O.
riverside , California
All Zachary's have the absolutely best pizza in the Bay Area, but try to stop by right before the big lunch or dinner rush. You can even buy an already made pizza and put it in the oven at home!!! A MUST stop for me!!
January 14, 2005
Brian F.
fall river , Massachusetts
November 15, 2004
Mel W.
Berkeley , California
Extremely delicious Pizza. To be really honest - the only type of Pizza I like. It is not like a salty cookie, it is a real dish becasue it has enough filling and not only the bread part.
June 6, 2004
Gianni F.
san francisco , California
One of the best pizza places in the bay area. The variety is great and they have good prices. I prefer the thin crust, less dough and more toppingsNumber one deep dish pizza!!! Great with a cold brewsky, especially after a long days work dealing with Palo Alto customers
May 6, 2004
Edda O.
riverside , California
Every single time I would visit the sisters in the Bay area, I had to make a stop at this place---the best pizza on the west coast, hands down. You will want to take one home after finishing one there!!
March 14, 2004
G S.
Boulder , Colorado
One of, if not the best pizza place in the whole Bay Area. Great pizza with tons of choices. Their sauce is the best I have ever tasted.
February 11, 2004
Rick S.
Union City , California
One of the best pizza places in the bay area. The variety is great and they have good prices. I prefer the thin crust, less dough and more toppings.
December 30, 2003
Lucinda H.
Fremont , California
This is the best Chicago style pizza and they also do great thin style pizzas. Their ingrediants are really fresh and if you love tomatoes, you will get your wish. (my mouth is watering even as I write this). I took some Australians here and they were absolutely in love. They joked around about trying to take come 1/2 baked back with them. This is a must for you if you haven't already tried it. Seating is hard, but worth the wait. Try going on a weekday for lunch instead. They do sell slices at lunch. Also, they feature specials all the time. My favorites are chicken stuffed, good health stuffed or thin, and a thin crust with sausage, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. Also, this is also better than what I have had in Chicago.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  Next >