Cheese Board Pizza Collective

Recent Reviews for Cheese Board Pizza Collective
December 21, 2006
Lucinda H.
Fremont , California
I expected a lot from other people's opinions of this place and found it to be a bit of a let down. I just didn't think the pizza was that special. I thought the thin style pizzas at Zachary's are much better.
May 25, 2005
Nancy S.
San Francisco , California
247 reviews , 1 photo
Oh my goodness! I happened to be in Berkeley today and drove by what was a very long line outside a tiny little pizza place. I had no idea what it was, but figured since there was such a long line it must be good. By the time I found a parking place (parking is not easy) the line had gone down even though it was still around 12:45, lunch time. Apparently this is a co-op, and they only serve one kind of pizza a day. Today it was spinach, pine nuts, two cheeses, mushrooms, onions and a pinch of parsley. I have had pizza often, and this was the first pizza that has reminded me of the pizza I had in Italy..very thin, crisp crust, fresh as can be toppings and a wonderful flavor. I would drive back across the Bay Bridge just to get this pizza...excellent! I ordered 2 pieces, and they give you about a quarter of a piece with that, and had a Snapple and it came to under $6.00. If you had one piece of pizza it's just $1.99.
January 11, 2005
JMC G.
Washington , District of Columbia
Really good stuff, worth the wait and the hassle of standing in line. Very unique and tasty.
October 6, 2004
D D.
fullerton , California
Hum, I thought it was good - but I was expecting a lot better. I'll go back (it was a trip to be sure!).
March 14, 2004
G S.
Boulder , Colorado
Great pizza, big slices, and mouthwatering toppings. This place is sure to please anyone.
February 19, 2004
Susan W.
San Francisco , California
Excellent pizza!! Delicious slices and whole pies. The ingredients are very fresh and the toppings/crust are always interesting.
November 20, 2002
Elizabeth K.
Cheese Board Pizza is my favorite for thin crust versions. Their combinations of fresh herbs and cheeses is phenomenal and I have loved everything I'd tried except for the ones with lemon zest. There is always a line but it moves along as most customers know how to order and have their money out to pay. at $2 a slice it's a budget-smart meal as well. You can also pick up half or whole pies at the Cheese Board which is a few doors up the street. Be sure and try their wonderful shortbread or delicious corn and cherry scones. Cheese and bread prices can't be beat. And there is a great olive selection as well.
January 14, 2002
I'm not a pizza fan but this is the best pizza I've ever had. Even at the busiest times it only takes a few minutes to get a whole pizza since they only bake one type of pie each day. All of the ingredients are high-quality. For just $2 you can get a delicious single slice. This place is deservedly extremely popular. It's also nice because it's right next to a fabulous, rather gourmet shop with great cheeses and baked goods.
July 30, 2001
David G.
With the option of having a fresh hot slice then and there, with the consistantly entertaining people watching accompanied my a wonderful lady playing jazz piano, the Cheeseboard is indeed a treasure.
June 23, 2001
The Pizza Collective is associated with the Cheese Board store two doors down, and it shows. They use a wide variety of top-quality cheese -- almost never your run-of-the-mill mozzarella! -- in creating a new, unique vegetarian pizza each day. That's right, there's only one variety of pizza available at a time, and it changes every day, but that's fine. They're all stunning, and unusual. For example, they might be serving a rosemary-potato-gruyere pizza one day, and a tomatoless three-onion-and-gorgonzola pizza the next. The crust is obviously fresh, and doesn't have the fluffy, mushy character of over-conditioned commercial doughs. Just delicious! They're only open for a few hours at lunch and dinner time, and there's always a line stretching out the door, but they're well worth the wait.