Avatar's

Recent Reviews for Avatar's
August 19, 2006
Michael F.
California
Excellent casual dining. You get creative dishes in a very low key family friendly setting. Not only is the food very good, you can specifiy and taylor order your dishes. I liked the fact that the B&W prints on the wall pay homage to very humble scense from India. It tells me the inspiration for delivering good food and service are rooted in loving kindness. I believe I can taste this. Sublime.
May 12, 2006
John S.
ketchikan , Alaska
January 4, 2004
Jeff R.
San Francisco , California
My kids love Mexican and tend to be good judges for the basics like friendly service, tasty food and a happy place to go. They liked so so did we !! We'll be back - probably for Alec's birthday!
July 8, 2000
Mehboob K.
manchester , Rhode Island
Good hosts, (family owned ) Never seen a location like that, could do with a face life to liven the atmosphere, but generally it ok Good food selection, slow when serving me, but depends on how busy they get.
June 22, 1999
My wife and I have been going here for the past few years,and every time we go the results have been consistent. The foodis always great, and Ashok (the head waiter) is always happy to make changes - less oil, no garlic, no onions, etc. The choices are very eclectic and taste great. The staff is helpfuland friendly. The one negative is that the place is rather small and can get loud when it gets busy. Although they do have nifty pictureson the wall.Lots of choices for vegetarians - they can probably do veganas well. The pumkin enchalada (when it's around) is great. The ravioli is always around and is very good.Nice people, great food.
May 12, 1998
Elizabeth D.
Yum, yum, yum. I love this place. As previous reviewers have stated, the ambience is not tre chic, but the food is great and the service is wonderful. Lunch specials are also excellent with smaller portions and lower prices, if you happen to work in the area. Nice people, delicious food.
June 22, 1997
Avatar's is a real gem in the wasteland of Marin dining. The food is unique and exquisitely conceived, the service is friendly, and the prices are more than fair. The abundant parking is another plus.
April 5, 1997
The owner and family are wonderful host. The food is definitely inventive. You won't miss in atmosphere what you gain in the flavor of the dishes. I liked the lamb enchiladas. My family goes there all the time.
January 2, 1996
Jay C.
Avatar's ranks low on atmosphere but high on food. Avatar, the chef, is an inventive cook who mixes Indian, Californian, and Mexican concepts to create captivating dishes. I generally have a Punjabi Jerk Chicken Tostada, a melange of Indian spices, chicken, lime pickle, yoghurt, and more atop a chapati ($6). My companions favor the Dal Curry, a lentil stew ($10). I truly enjoyed the Duck Taco that was a daily special a while back. Avatar's wife makes the chutneys and pickles. His nephew is the primary waiter. They're a friendly and creative bunch of folks.