Real Ice Cream

Santa Clara, CA

Category: Fast Food

Recent Reviews for Real Ice Cream
September 21, 2005
Real Icecream and Chaats -- I think are the best in bay area. I have eaten in many other places - Daana bazaar, Chaat Caafe and so many others -- they all are probably a distant 2nd and 3rd. We have been patronizing the place since 1991 and we still haven't had enough of their products! We have introduced many of our friends and they all love their stuff. Of course, once in a while I see some desi patrons trying to act cheap and start arguments with the desi management at Real Icecream with reasons such as -- your ice cream is stale (they practically make icecreams everyday and it is served frozen!); why is your bhel so much expensive, if I made it at home, it won't cost me half as much; your bhel doesn't taste like others - I don't like it, I want my money back; etc. Many people don't seem to recognize a good place and good establishment when they see one. I hope Real Icecream continues to grow and flourish with their good and quality products.
April 23, 2005
Ice creams in REAL ICE CREAM are excellent and one of a kind. This is a place where we can get all authentic Indian ice creams, kulfis and chaat. I love their Bhel puri, Falooda and especially lychee ice cream. I recommend everyone to go there and experience the taste.
September 9, 2004
I used to like Real Ice cream a lot, until one day we went there with friends. We ordered Bhel Puri, chenna samosa and stuff. The bhel did not smell and taste good, guess one of its ingredients was spoilt. We approached the "supposedly cordial" person at the counter and he started acting hostile to the situation. They were literally lacking customer service and politeness. I wont go there anymore. I would prefer the Haldirams Bhel mix to the bhel I tasted there.
December 27, 2000
Priya P.
Santa Clara , California
Some of the fast food stuff is good. The ice creams are good. I wouldnt go out of my way to eat there but it is a nice place.
August 3, 2000
R S.
sunnyvale , California
As the name says it is REAL! Especially Banana Ice-cream is too good. Also Masala-Bhel puris too. Best place for Chaat.
August 2, 1996
Naveena M.
One of my favorite haunts. I love their chaats - esp. bhel, sev puri and ragda pattis The Pav Bajji on the weekends, is a little too greasy. The pistachio kulfi is excellent.
July 11, 1996
Samir G.
The chaat is decent and the kulfi good. For better chaat, I would personally recommend Dana Bazaar, Mowry Ave, Fremont.