Ripe Tomato

Recent Reviews for Ripe Tomato
June 4, 2009
Greg M.
295 reviews , 1 photo
The Ripe Tomato is one of maybe ten truly upscale restaurants in all of Fresno. I dined here for the first time last week, celebrating a special occasion. In truth, the restaurant was nearly empty but I was told that we had made an early reservation and that people would be coming in all evening long. Our hostess was adorable, she could have easily had a acting gig at Roger Rocka's. She recited the menu from memory, was always smiling, perfectly helpful. Be prepared when dining here that $75 to $100 per person (with a bottle of wine) is about standard. We had soup, entree, dessert and a bottle of Gewurtztraminer and ended the night at just shy of $150. But the food was very good - I had a half roast pheasant with mushrooms, glazed carrots and mashed potatoes. Very nicely done. Dessert was a lemon chiffon that was not heavy at all. In these sad economic times it will remain to be seen if the Ripe Tomato can pull through, but it was an excellent experience for us.
June 13, 2005
J R.
Visalia , California
I would agree that that the restaurant is good, but to say excellent... It is always hard to serve large groups of people I understand, still I was not to pleased with the service.
June 14, 2003
MAria V.
Visalia , California
Superb! The atmosphere was wonderful and the food mouthwatering. The service was excellent and prices very reasonable. I would recommend this to all.
May 11, 2003
This is, without doubt, one of the best restaurants in Fresno. Excellence ambiance for a quiet and romantic dinner. Entrees are always very creative. This is fine dining, make no mistake about it.
October 4, 2000
Gary S.
Fresno , California
Consistently a class act. This Fresno culinary classic is considered an institution and is in the top five best lists of just about every cultured diner I know in town. The food is supreme and is served by professional waiters who know their business as well as they know their customers. Too many delicious entrees to list here. Do yourself a favor, go draw out your retirement savings and have a modest dinner here. Simply the best.
May 14, 2000
Christopher T.
Fresno , California
Excellent!! A very romantic, cozy setting in Fig Garden. The service was splendid, the food and wine superb! I tried their ostrich dish which was quite delicious.