Taqueria La Cumbre

San Mateo, CA

Category: Mexican

Recent Reviews for Taqueria La Cumbre
February 27, 2006
Have to agree with Barb; the pollo asada is absolutely to die for. It's great in their tacos (go for the regular tacos, the "extras" that come with the super aren't worth the extra money), burritos (great bang for your buck), dinner plates, and my personal favorite...the nachos! Used to be a big fan of the dinner plate until I realized that I get the same amount of ingredients, along with the ever-tasty nacho cheese and chips for less money. Make sure to grab some of their salsa from the salsa bar, but beware that the salsa verde is inconsistent with it's hotness. Some days it's so mild I could drink it alone, and others, just dipping my fork in it will send my mouth into shock. As a self-professed penny pincher, I'm happy at La Cumbre because I can get great food for a decent price. Only negative is the service. More often than not, the women taking your order act as though you're more of a hassle than anything else. Overall, La Cumbre be ... more
August 28, 1997
Barb R.
The pollo asada anything is FAB!!! I find myself constantly comparing La Cumbre with any other taqueria I am forced to eat at-I have found no comparison and am always dissapointed if Im not eating La Cumbre!
May 14, 1997
Just got back from lunch - was disappointed with this place relative to the reviews here. Decent burritos, just nothing like the "best I've ever had" that people were saying in these reviews. The "macho nachos" that an earlier review recommended are kind of gross: just-the-other-side-of-stale chips with velveeta drizzled on them, ick. We didn't finish them. 2 stars for "average".
February 9, 1997
I am having the leftovers of one of their burritos as I type and I don't see what all the excitement is about. It's a decent size, but fairly tasteless to me. The carnitas are dry, and beware the horchata! The price of a medium horchata is $2.50! Mighty pricey for a medium sized drink. Definately not the best burrito known to man.
November 15, 1996
William W.
While ordinarily loathe to award more than two stars to any restaurant so utterly devoid of ambience, here I make an exception for the BEST EVER-LOVIN' BURRITOS KNOWN TO MAN. Five stars, they say, means "best of class" so I feel perfectly comfortable awarding said five stars to the home of the BEST EVER-LOVIN' BURRITOS KNOWN TO MAN. Get yourself one with pollo asada and black beans - accept no substitutes; their wonderful Barbeque chicken is a key component in the BEST EVER-LOVIN' BURRITOS KNOWN TO MAN. Go, right now, get away from the computer, tattoo La Cumbre's address on your chest and go treat yourself to one of the BEST EVER-LOVIN' BURRITOS KNOWN TO MAN. Mmmmm. I'm hungry now.
October 2, 1996
Five Stars for a place as casual as this? Hell YES, because this is how an authentic Mexican Taqueria would be. Food Suggestions? Just eat anything you want; everything is so great! Personally, I get a 'Super Deluxe' Burrito (it is hudge!) sit outside on a suuny day and let the (usualy Latino) music and the decoration make me dream I'm in Mexico... The best way to relax in the middle of a busy day...
September 18, 1996
Eiji H.
Their phone number is 415-344-8989. Their WWW address is http://www.whirlnet.com/lacumbre
August 9, 1996
My vote for the best burritos in San Mateo, and some of the best in Northern California. Friendly owners, always use fresh ingredients.
March 7, 1996
Hsiang T.
Try the 'macho' nachos...they'll put hair on your chest! Awesome burritos too.