Kisaku

Recent Reviews for Kisaku
June 8, 2001
Jerry M.
San Mateo , California
As mentioned below, this restaurant is now located on 43 East 4th Avenue in San Mateo. Not a sushi person, but do enjoy teriyaki. Can recommend their Teriyaki dinner, miso soup is also excellent. Service is fast, polite, and unabstrusive. Many Japanese eat here.
January 21, 2001
Claire
Burlingame , California
Friends recommend this place for their Udon (thick wheat soup noodles). I agree, the best in the area. Didn't try the sushi yet. Good service and reasonable prices.
September 7, 2000
Erick P.
San Jose , California
This place is now located on 4th Avenue, still in downtown San Mateo. I took my wife here on Saturday night after a disappointing Friday night at Tokie in Foster City. Ordered the Hamachi, Ama-Ebi (raw shrimp with tempura shrimp heads) and Salmon sushi. The sushi chef may have been generous at that time of the night 9:00 pm, but we had two big slabs of "melt-in-your-mouth" hamachi on perfect sushi rice. The salmon was buttery and ama-ebi as one of the best we've tasted. I also ordered the tempura appetizer which came out HOT from the fryer. Shrimp tempura was a good size and crispy. One thing we noticed was that the oil used in deep frying was very clear and not used over and over again. We hear that the top tempura restaurants in Japan do not re-use their oils. Service was very polite and not rushed despite being closing time. We'll definitely come back when more hungry as the prices were quite reasonable for the quality of sushi/sashimi as co ... more
February 25, 1996
I often have lunch here. Kisaku is the closest approximation to real Japanese restrants(teishoku-ya) in this area. Boiled fish, broiled fish is nice.