Hot Wok Cafe

San Mateo, CA

Category: Chinese

Recent Reviews for Hot Wok Cafe
March 22, 2002
What a great little place. Lots of great dishes. Just watch out for too much celery on some of the dishes. You do not leave wanting more as the servings are huge.
March 4, 2002
I guess this is one of those Chinese restaurants for non-Chinese. I think the take-out buffet looks more like Panda Express. You can pick things that look fresh. But if you dine-in, you don't have any choice, so you may get some surprises. We ordered sizzling rice soup. It wasn't good, but I was able to handle. We ordered mixed vegetable and tofu and couldn't swallow too much. The dishes are big, but when food comes that bad, no matter how much I don't want to waste food, I can only say sorry.
January 17, 2002
Excellent food and friendly staff make it a great place to eat. Almost everything I've tried has been delicious. It's a very busy place with lots of take out orders but you rarely have to wait for a seat to dine in. Out of all the Chinese food restaurants that I've dined at, nothing compares to Hot Wok.
April 8, 1996
The food here is quite excellent and they serve on large, large plates ... making the entire meal very reasonable and filling you up completely. Their vegetable dishes are flavorful -- some can be a bit oily. Their hot and sour soup is to die for! Their baked salty prawns are also quite a delight.