Bella Vista Restaurant

Category: Afghan, African, American

Recent Reviews for Bella Vista Restaurant
July 21, 1996
Anne C.
food, service, view were all wonderful. I add to the recommendations here of the steak diane and caesar salad. A special note to vegetarians, though. I took my fiance here for his birthday, and although all the entrees were meat or seafood based, he was able to put together a nice meal with two appetizers (fettucine alfredo and sauteed mushrooms) in place of an entree. They even served his salad, a special with asparagus and shrimp, without the shrimp. I recommend this as a place for special occasions. If you can spend some money, it's great.
July 9, 1996
The best of the best for special occasions. Intimate, excellent food, great service, great wine, and a fireplace area during the colder months. Worth the drive. The fog is great up there. The scallops were superb, not overcooked, nor mushy. You need reservations(as far in advance as you can plan), but it's worth it. Can get a little noisy when a big party is there, but normally nice and quiet. Very romantic and comfortable. Dinner for 4, with wine, dessert, coffee/liqueur + tip was approx. $250 and worth every penny.
July 2, 1996
FANTASTIC view of the southern peninsula. Nestled away in the mountains, great steaks, salads, escargot, and the finisher, souflee's, are done expertly. GREAT service. I recently had a party of 10 people, and the waiter did not write ANYTHING down! When we returned 2 months later, we wanted to test his memory by saying "The usual!" And lo and behold, he proceeded to bring us everything we had ordered right down to the bottle of wine! It is a great place to bring a date, just be sure to request a window seat. The Steak Diane is supurb, literally melts in your mouth. The tableside prepared Warm Spinach Salad is the best I have tasted. You can't go wrong with the Ceaser Salad, either. Don't bother looking at a dessert menu, just order the chocolat or Grand Marnier souflee. A bit noisy though, but great food, service, and wine list!
July 1, 1996
The view is spectacular. The service is average. We didn't get a menu right away. We had to wait for water for a long time because the waitress was busy and overlooked serving water. My wife ordered the filet of sole, and it was excellent. I had veal for dinner, and I didn't like the way it was prepared; it wasn't my kind of taste. For dessert, the souffle was very well worth it. We had the souffle with Grand Marnier sauce. A dinner for 2 cost approximately $60. Despite the service, we will go back for the excellent filet of sole. The restaurant has a short line at 8PM Wednesday evening. I recommend making a reservation even on Wednesdays. Average price of entree is $20-$25.
June 25, 1996
Yes, the view is spectacular, even the food is alright. However, I take issue with many of the other reviews commenting on a romantic ambiance and stellar service. During my Saturday night visit, the dining room was loud and crowded. The service was rushed and inflexible. After talking with some of the locals about restaurants in the area, I was told that Bella Vista was on a downward trajectory as far as food and service quality. It seems that they are resting on their once-deserved good reputation. Just a bit further down the road is a worthy competitor, The Mountain House is far superior in terms of gourmet quality food, fair pricing and excellent service.
April 21, 1996
Murat O.
This is probably the most incredible dining experience we have had. This place is absolutely magnificent. After a winding drive in the woods, you are pampered to a truly special dining environment. The service is extremely friendly, waiters are very knowledgeble. Everything is aimed at making you feel special. The view is absolutely breathtaking as you get a full view of the bay and the mid/south peninsula. Definitely make early reservations and ask for the "view room". Perfect for a special occasion with that special someone. The food complements the romantic atmosphere. I strongly recommend the abalone as well as the steaks. The sorbet between dishes was a very special touch. We will be back in a hurry.
March 9, 1996
Ramiro E.
Everything about this place is great, but dont foreget to make reservations and be there on time. Otherwise you might have to wait some time. No complaints about this one.
February 9, 1996
I've been coming to the Bella Vista for 15 years. It's always been my favorite. The food, service, view and atmosphere are in a class by themselves. Try the abalone or the steak diane. Both excellent. It's a great place to dine with that "special someone" Also alot of fun with groups of couples. THE VIEW IS SPECTACULAR!!!!! DON'T MISS OUT.
January 13, 1996
Dan W.
Italian Roadhouse!! The best view, the best food, the best waiters, the driest bartender! What more could you want. Food is mouthwatering (I recommend the Caesar Salad prepared at your table). If it's available, try the salmon wrapped in pastry. It'll knock you out!
January 5, 1996
A place for an absolutely perfect romantic evening. Get a window table by reservation and prepare yourself for an evening to be remembered for a long time. Agree with some previous reviewers, Steak Diane is excellent as well at a magnificant Gran Mariner souffle. An excellent choice for a special occasion!
< Previous   1 | 2 | 3