Bella Vista Restaurant

Category: Afghan, African, American

Recent Reviews for Bella Vista Restaurant
June 2, 2000
Kathy M.
My husband took me for Valentine's Day and it was wonderful! We had a wonderful view (although that day was particularly foggy), service was wonderful both entrees were wonderful! I definitely want to go again!
February 10, 2000
I was lured to this restaurant by all the excellent reviews printed here. So my wife and I decided to give it a try, and had high expectations from all we had read. The hostess was very warm and friendly, and gave us a nice window table with an excellent view of the Bay. But then came the entrees. My wife's veal was excellent. But my filet mignon was completely burned on the outside, covered by a solid coat of charcoal. When I asked the waiter for a new dish, he waved his arms and exclaimed loudly that it was supposed to be that way. He insisted that the cut was the full 16 ounces, which of course was not the point I was trying to make. Not wanting to make a scene, I reluctantly cut away the charcoal layer and finished the dry tough interior, which was a mistake. I had a pretty bad stomach ache after leaving. DONT ORDER THE FILET MIGNON!!!!
October 25, 1999
Durgesh T.
food, service, view were all wonderful. A Mecca for vegetarians
October 24, 1999
Durgesh T.
Yes, it is very hard to get in this place, yes it is always be crowded, the service staff can sometimes get too busy, and there is a good reason for all of this. This is simply on of THE FINEST restaurant
August 25, 1999
Greg B.
After reading most of the rave reviews, my wife and I went here for the first time in 20 years. It still has all of the charm, all of the view, and all of the panache. However, even though I had the vaunted Abalone, I found it to be bland. My wife's veal was O.K., but not exceptional. Wine list extensive. Enjoy the view but there are places for better food including John Bentley which is closer to town.
October 18, 1997
Yes, it is very hard to get in this place, yes it will always be crowded, yes, the staff can sometimes get too busy, and there is a good reason for all of this. This is simply THE BEST restaurant on the peninsula, bar none. I've lived here for 22 years, been to a very nice place once or twice a week for the entire 22 yrs, from San Fran. to San Jose, and I can tell you, this is the best. Save it for those special occasions....
April 25, 1997
Go for the abalone (the best that I've ever had at a restaurant-- it even rivals abs that you've grabbed yourself out of the ocean and cooked up the same day). It's expensive but worth it. Go for the Grand Marnier souffle. Go for the romance. But definitely go and enjoy a very special evening. I went there in 1981 on my first dinner date with the man who is now my husband of almost 12 years. We have been there many times since and have never been disappointed.
September 29, 1996
John K.
I can only further what all the others have said- a very nice experience. Often view restaurants skimp on the food but that is not the case here. Entrees come with soup or salad- the night we were there we had a cream of tomato soup- it put Campbell's to shame. Any of the steak entrees are delicious. And the souffle is an excellent end. Skip the caesar though- it is fun to have it made at the table, but it is noting special, save room for the dessert. We ate at 5 when they opened which I would recommend- you have your choice of tables and you also have much longer to digest your wonderful meal. The staff was professional and friendly.
September 26, 1996
David H.
It's half a mile from my house. I usually spend between $200 and $300 when I go there. Majorly special. Don't take your date - take the woman you plan to marry. Or man. Or dog/other domestic species. Whatever you do, ensure you order a souffle - they warn you that they take about 40 minutes to prepare. Grand Marnier is my favourite (after 4 visits). The scallops are quite the best I've ever had. Wine: yes, and best of all the staff will suggest something decent. Champers list is well worth a browse. (No, I didn't get engaged 4 times)
August 23, 1996
There is not much to add to the previous reviews, except as a vegatarian I too am extremely satisfied. The chef is always willing to accomodate my preferences and has never failed to please. The view rooms are excellent, but a table in the front room in front of the fireplace is very intimate and romantic as well. This place is a must for that special person or occasion. Limo companies do specials --try it, it's great and reasonable.