Hunan Taste

Recent Reviews for Hunan Taste
December 30, 2008
Robert A.
San Jose , California
After several years frequenting Hunan Taste, I still find it to be a real gem of a neighborhood restaurant. The food is excellent, the service is good and the staff members are friendly. Other reviewers are spot-on about the onion cakes with peanut sauce, a favorite of my wife's. My top pick is the tofu with string beans prepared a little on the spicy side.
May 17, 2007
Cathy C.
Santa Clara , California
This is one of my favorite places to go out to eat for dinner. If the owners don't know you they will make the food mildly spicy hot. If you ask it for the food to be hot, they will make it spicer for you. I love their onion cakes with peanut sauce, their hot and sour soup can be the best you've ever tasted. If you order the Hunan Beef, String beans and chicken, or the combination chow mein you can't go wrong! I still say they have the best chow mein in the area.
March 3, 2006
Mark S.
Sunnyvale , California
If you like spicy chinese, this place is great, good food, lots of spice, but not much parking, not open Sunday, but wow it's really good food, tiny place, did I mention good food?
February 24, 2001
Terry T.
Erin , Tennessee
213 reviews , 1 photo
The food here is excellent, and the service is very good. This is a very nice, quiet place for a relaxing meal. My only possible complaint is that for those suffering from hypertension, it is very difficult to find anything that did not have soy-sauce in it.
February 2, 1998
Excellent Hunan cuisine. I would recommend trying their meat pie as an appetiser. Their kung pao dishes are nice and spicey as they should be.
October 29, 1997
I really don't understand all the hype in the other reviews. I've eaten there a few times and have been decidedly unimpressed each time. I only kept going back because everyone seemed to think it was so great. I found the dishes to be very lacking in depth and, frankly, a bit peculiar tasting. The vegetables weren't cooked right, things labeled as 'spicy' barely tickled my tongue and the pork tasted old. Plus, most of the dishes are about $7! There are plenty of other places out there...
January 17, 1996
I've been here many many times and have yet to get less than an excellent meal!.The meat pies are trully a treat with the spicy peanuty sauce.My personal favorite is the Hunan smoked ham over rice.The owner (Francis) and staff are always there to greet and serve you in a friendly manner.EXCELLENT!!!