Izzy's Steaks & Chops

February 4, 2007
Nancy S.
San Francisco , California
247 reviews , 1 photo
Izzy's has always made great steaks. The problem is the parking in this area. I think for a great steak in SF you go to Ruth Chris, Alfreds or Izzys. My favorite is still Ruth Chris, but if you don't want to spend quite as much money go here..it won't disappoint.
November 28, 2005
Dave S.
Waukesha , Wisconsin
This is the place to go for steaks & chops. I absolutely LOVE their potatoes & my boyfriend loves the creamed spinich. It's true that parking in the aera is horrible but go early like we do and you can usually find a spot to park. Prices are very reasonible compared to Morton's. Service has always been great.
December 19, 2004
Jenny F.
Ottawa , Ontario
Not worth the hype-expensive-portion size was small, wait staff was as about as bad as I have ever experienced-pushy, rude, arrogant, seemed put out when we asked to move to a better table; did not explain menu itmes; described menu items is sketchy terms or openly dogged menue items; overall pitiful service; food was cold, average, and small in portion; stay away and save your money.
January 23, 2004
Live L.
Ann Arbor , Michigan
This is the place to go for steaks & chops. I absolutely LOVE their potatoes & my boyfriend loves the creamed spinich. It's true that parking in the aera is horrible but go early like we do & you can usually find a spot to park. Prices are very reasonible compared to Morton's. Service has always been great.
October 18, 2000
Patricia D.
Bethel Island , California
My favorite SF restaurant for a steak. The meat is top quality and fork tender. Service is excellent; especially when you order Izzy's famous potatoes and creamed spinach. Even with reservations there is usually a wait, but well worth it.
August 16, 2000
Tim L.
ann arbor , Michigan
I wrote a review of another restaurant and said it was: BEEF! BEEF! BEEF! but Izzie's is STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! and done to perfection.
August 2, 2000
Nothing special - the steak was good, but doesn't come close to sniffing a Mortons, Ruth Chris, or Sam & Harry's. Good for a moderate priced steak that tastes moderately priced.
April 16, 2000
December 15, 1999
Nice to know that you can have a great steak without paying Morton's prices. Nice casual place...try IZZY'S potatoes YUM!