Harris' Restaurant

Recent Reviews for Harris' Restaurant
August 27, 2009
Glen R.
san rafael , California
I GREW UP IN THE CITY AND IN THE 60's, 70'S, AND 80'S GREAT FOOD. MANY GREAT HOUSES. NOW JUST JUNK AROUND AND NOBODY KNOWS THE DIFFERENCE. ALL THE GREAT PLACES ARE EITHER CLOSED OR NOT THE SAME QUALITY. I ATE HERE A FEW TIMES WHEN IT FIRST OPENED. IT WAS REAL GOOD THEN. ABOUT AS GOOD AS THE HOUSE OF PRIME RIB. NOW, JUST OK AND I WOULD NOT GO BACK. FOOD IS ALL SHOW AND NO GO; 5 OUT OF 1-10. DON'T BOTHER
September 4, 2007
Dave S.
Waukesha , Wisconsin
The main course consisted of Harris' steak, and Petite Fillet Mignon, both cooked medium, with peas on the side.The steak-house was fairly busy by then.The steaks were very good.Desert comprised of creme brulee, well crusted with red raspberries flavor and decored with three red raspberries. Coffee was ok, though they could do better with the coffee quality.We felt that the catering staff came through just fine and left a generous tip.
October 28, 2006
Kian Z.
San Mateo , California
Harris'offered a good steak-house atmosphere.We arrived early on a Thursday, around 5:30 p.m..The staff was not quite ready and had to pull together to check our reservation and have us seated.The greeting was pleasant and the waiter was well trained and groomed.We ordered the French Onion soup(had no cheese), chef's salad, Johnny Walker Black on the rocks for the starters.The salad was good, yet ordinary for the restaurant of type, the french Onion Soup was excellent and the Scotch complemented it highly.The bread was very good and could use a little more heating!The main course consisted of Harris' steak, and Petite Fillet Mignon, both cooked medium, with peas on the side.The steak-house was fairly busy by then.The steaks were very good.Desert comprised of creme brulee, well crusted with red raspberries flavor and decored with three red raspberries. Coffee was ok, though they could do better with the coffee quality.We felt that the catering staff came throug ... more
May 1, 2006
W F.
dandridge , Tennessee
Best steakhouse in the City! The service is excellent, and the staff go out of their way to accommodate you.They once seated me after they had officially closed, when I ran up in jeans and a tatty sweatshirt in the rain. I never felt pressured to "hurry" my meal. Thefilet mignon is to die for.
December 1, 2005
Angel G.
Watertown , New York
This is a gret resturant. I like the food. The service was also great. You get more than what you pay for.
November 28, 2005
Dave S.
Waukesha , Wisconsin
November 11, 2005
For whatever it is worth to anyone: I don't know if Harris' has the same owners as in 1994 but...I was a single, Black lady with three little girls(4, 6 & 8) on vacation in S.F.(we live in L.A.). Labor Day weekend 1994, the clerk at the motel we stayed in (Vagabond) sent us to Harris'.He was not nice. We were dressed in sweats and had no idea it was an upscale resturant. We felt very self conscience when we enterd the dining room, as you can imagine. Bottome line, none of us has ever forgotten how much class the employees treated us with-I may as well have been the First Lady. At the end of the meal many people came to our table and told us how well behaved the girls were.(They have gone on to attend Cornell University & UC Berkeley). This place is a class act. I shall never forgot how kind Harris' was to a frightened Mom.
May 10, 2005
Nancy S.
San Francisco , California
247 reviews , 1 photo
This restaurant, along with Alfred's and Izzy's serve the best steaks in town. I think out of all of them this is my favorite, although it is a bit pricey, but then so again is Alfred's. This is the only restaurant I've been to where I have said I wanted water and they asked if I wanted "sparkling or still" and I assumed still meant tap water so I said "still". Still water was bottled water and it was served to the whole table and it was expensive! So, if you want just regular water you have to tell them! The filet mignon is my favorite, but I have never head about anything on their menu not being wonderful. We gave a 50th wedding anniversary party here and they could not have been more helpful. The service provided was excellent and the food beyond compare! I recommend this restaurant highly.
November 27, 2004
Gianni F.
san francisco , California
November 17, 2004
Mark H.
Wauwatosa , Wisconsin
Excellent steak! I have eaten at lots of steak houses and this place compares well. The atmosphere adds a nice touch to your dining experience, I love the seating! Definitely check this place out if you're in the mood for steaks and fine dining.
1 | 2 | 3  Next >