Karlita's Taco Place

Redwood City, CA

Category: Mexican

Recent Reviews for Karlita's Taco Place
October 11, 2000
Really good authentic mexican food. I prefer the wet burritos with beef (chopped steak). The sauce on the burrito has to be homemade, it is tangy but not too hot and EXCELLENT. They have HOT sauce that is really hot if you want it but the regular is really good. They can be very busy, and inside of the building is very warm during the summer, but I sit outside which is kinda next to the parking lot so I usually get food to go. Again, the food is really good, don't let looks of the place scare you.
May 25, 1999
I used to go here sometimes in high school. When I went back after a couple years while on break from college, they STILL remembered me.Family owned, excellent about making your food the way you want it.Low prices make it a great place for the high school/college crowd but other locals a frequent.
December 7, 1996
Jp T.
since i was Amazed that Karlita's got a 1st review: great food (soft, almost greasy Tacos), but the decor is FAR below good-- dont let it scare you off.
September 9, 1996
Jacek J.
Good food (super burritos are my favorite) although the decor is on the lower side of good. A typical family run neighborhood friendly place - they will remember you after a few visits. Service is fast. For gringos they will serve their food not very spicy, so if you like hot (I do!) be sure to mention it.