Chevys Mexican Restaurant

Redwood City, CA

Category: Mexican

Recent Reviews for Chevys Mexican Restaurant
October 11, 2000
Good fun place. It can be very busy. Make reservations or be prepared to wait. The food is fun but not real mexican food. The Margarita's are very good. Service is good, but they are very busy, so it could be better if it wasn't so busy.
August 12, 1996
We suffered through the most amazingly bad service last night. Seating us took half an hour, and once we had ordered, it took over an hour for the food to arrive. Part of the order was incorrect, but by then we just wanted the meal. The server then managed to lose my friend's VISA card, which was found after another 15 minutes of searching. When we asked to talk to the manager, we were handed to a junior manager who said that we should 'be smart' and complain earlier. With that, he walked away. Altogether the worst dining experience I have had in many a year.
July 16, 1996
Shawn A.
The service has always been great here, but that's about all. My question is, why would you go here to get moderately priced sub-par Mexican cuisine (actually mostly Tex-Mex) when there are so many little hole-in-the-wall places in Redwood City that are cheaper and completely authentic? If You want a place to take the family, Chevy's is good and fun. If you are looking for a place to eat drink and be merry after work, Chevy's has good margueritas and snacks. But if your looking for good Mexican food, I've always found that experimenting with the many small family-run taquerias on Middlefield in Redwood City is always fun and often rewarding.
April 4, 1996
Debbie H.
We had dinner there last night, with mixed reviews. We were initially shown to a table right beside the bus station. The couple that came in behind us (also without reservations) was seated at a much better table. We weren't in a hurry and so, we said we'd wait in the bar until a differnet table came available. They seated us almost immeadiately in the room left of the entrance. It was filled with lots of families (2-3 children at each table). Not our ideal choice, but we took it. The service was very friendly. Three differnt waiters came over to take our initial drink order. We ordered drinks and heavy appetizers. They came promptly. My husband's second drink order was prompt. When I had finished my margarita, the waitress came to check if I wanted a second one. Which I did. Then a glass fell of the tray she was holding. It shattered on our table. No one was cut but there was glass every where. They quickly cleaned it up, took what food we had left on the table and said they would rep ... more