Bangkok Bay Thai Cuisine

Url: barg_gif

Category: Thai

Recent Reviews for Bangkok Bay Thai Cuisine
April 9, 2001
This restaurant has been in business with the same family for over five years and is still going strong. It has a loyal customer base and I always see Thai families eating there. Always a good sign!
April 10, 1998
Bill C.
I am forever looking for bargains. While it's not expensive here, but a dinner entree+soup runs up to $15. I can do better. The portions are small, even for myself, a Chinese. Food is OK to good, ambience is OK but it doesn't tell me to stay for dessert to enjoy it.
November 25, 1997
Helena Y.
I can't believe this restaurant ranked top in Redwood City. After reading all these reviews, I organized a group lunch here. Everyone was disappointed. Then I switched group and a co-worker picked this restaurant again after reading these reviews. *sigh* The food wasn't bad or anything, but what a let-down after reading so many people saying this is the best Thai restaurant. I can easily name a restaurant in Palo Alto, or one in Menlo Park, or one in Berkeley, that serves better Thai food then this restaurant. If you're after cheap decent food, this is the place.
October 24, 1997
Greg B.
I have eaten only lunch here and found the parking a bear. Food was excellent, though hot. Some disparities appear in these reviews.
February 26, 1997
Wow, are we talking about the same place? I have a small appetite (I can eat a Lean Cuisine and be full!)and I thought the portions were small, and the Pad Thai uninspired.
February 25, 1997
This place is tucked in a small corner of Redwood City. Parking can be a (little) problem, but once you try the food - your parking woes will get chucked out the window! Excellent Thai food - safe even for those who don't go for spicy stuff.. their peanut sauce is tops! Try the duck curry and sates! Always a dining option in my book...
February 10, 1997
This is my favorite Thai restaurant. The service is gracious, the food is prepared fresh everyday and the decor is wonderfully different. My favorite dishes are: Appetizer: Maeng Kum, Entree: Buddha's Feast, Ginger Chicken, Popeye Spinach. Dessert: the Thai pancake (Rote') is to die for!
July 15, 1996
Billy C.
I've eaten at this place a few times when I used to work nearby. As I remember, the food was quit delicious, the environment was clean, and the service was okay. I'm one of those that have to feel completely comfortable at a restaurant to eat there...meaning, the environment must be clean, the dishes, utensils, cups, and tables must be spotless. Overall, the food was great! 2 thumbs up!!!
February 21, 1996
One of the best Thai resturants on the Peninsula, if you ask me. Delicious cooking with generous portions, especially their lunch combo specials. Very fresh.
February 1, 1996
Steve W.
Had their cheap "Early Bird" specisl, 5pm-7pm. Soup, salad, two selections from a list of about 15.. $8.50! The lemon chicken soup was tasty! Salad, OK. The chicken/curry/coconut milk dish was good, but the beef/peanut/curry dish was was quite good. Well worth the price! I may want to try their main menu, though, to try some of the more exotic dishes. Heat level = barely noticable.. ask for more spice if you want it.