Olde Silver Tavern

Recent Reviews for Olde Silver Tavern
April 9, 2010
Tony B.
Manalapan , New Jersey
The food was absolutely disgusting. I returned my food the waitress apologized and told us the Chef is no longer with them.What a miss-managed mess! Pete j said it right. I would not feed my dog this food.
January 3, 2009
Sammy D.
new jersey , New Jersey
I have been going to old silver tavern for many years since the 80s the food was excellentjust about 4 years ago the place took a downward sprial.I been going just for drinks and to meet up with some friends . I was told as of Dec 2008 new management/owners took over.I tried some of the dinner specials they were very good.I am so glad i can eat her again and take my family for good food.
October 10, 2008
Peter J.
monroe twsp , New Jersey
I have been going to old silver tavern since 1990.on a scale of 1 to 10 i would rate this place as a 15... alas that was then, lets talk about the present shall we.old siver tavern used to be like cheers the tv show. the food was excellent and the staff was genuine.now the food i would not feed my dogs and turnover is terrible.how a person can destroy a buisness this fast is shocking.
January 19, 2005
Well, this place in under new ownership, BUT, it still has great food at reasonable prices. Now they have a lunch buffet too, which is really good at a great price. I didn't see any of the old waitresses though on my visit which was disappointing since they all were very nice. Their bar pies are delicious and they still deliver really good food. Great place to stop for a meal.
October 2, 2004
Joan F.
ocean , New Jersey
Great place for lunch or dinner. Get there early, it is always crowded. Portions are large, so bring your appetite! Good menu with alot of variety. Daily specials too.
April 16, 2004
J J.
manalapan , New Jersey
prices are good. food is real good. service usually pretty good. sometimes wait is real long. could get smoky in there for us who dont like the smoke.
November 17, 2003
Edward H.
Englishtown , New Jersey
A very crowded, noisy and smoke filled bar/restaurant... sort of an "institution" around Manalapan. The wait, especially on week-ends can be rather long (30 to 45 minutes). Pretty good if you stick to grilled steaks, prime rib and chops, and wash it down with some "suds", which you'll need after eating the very salty popcorn.
November 3, 2000
Lori L.
Manalapan , New Jersey
Overall the food was great. The prime OST Prime rib was good. They just need a few more waitresses. We love to take family and friends there but there always seems to a wait that doesn't need to be. More help and it would be a 5 star. Popcorn is a nice added touch.
June 13, 2000
Food good, cheap for what you get. Too noisy. The SMOKE from the |bar will KILL you.
June 8, 2000
Spencer W.
philadelphia , Pennsylvania
Nosiey and a bit run down, but dont that let you fool ya. THis is a nice tavern with great food. their steaks are fantastic and they always prepare a great soupe of the day, no matter what it is.