Rick's Rather Rich Ice Cream

Recent Reviews for Rick's Rather Rich Ice Cream
July 6, 2001
Mike M.
Gilroy , California
I think this place is way overrated. I wanted three flavors, and the owner was less than accomodating. He told me I could choose only two flavors. What is with that?? I've **never** been to an ice cream place that restricted the number of flavors you can choose. Rick's sells their ice cream by weight, so why does it matter?? He did finally oblige, however, and he told me if he wasn't there, his employees wouldn't give me three flavors. How ridiculous! As if I would return to this place! I found the ice cream only average, Double Rainbow is far better than this. I had pistachio, which had a strange, perfumey taste. Never again!!
November 23, 1999
Julie L.
This is truly rich ice cream (higher fat percentage than Haagen Daz!) and no matter what time of day or year I go, there is always someone coming in or going out of this place. Homemade sorbets are the best!
November 14, 1999
Excellent ice cream in a wide, ever-changing, variety of flavors. Since everything is made on the premises, you know it's fresh. The way it was meant to be -- creamy, rich and delicious! Sorbets are available for the calorie conscious. One of Palo Alto's sweet culinary treats!
September 2, 1996
Douglas A.
This is clearly the best traditional ice crem in Palo Alto. I like the vanilla, coffee, and the orange chocolate "computer chip" the best.