Camelot Fish & Chips

Pacifica, CA

Category: Seafood

Recent Reviews for Camelot Fish & Chips
May 21, 2006
Camelot rules..If you want great fish and chips on a budget and in lovely seaside, pacifica, this is the place..but a very close second, is Cook, s in menlo park, although more expensive and has no atomsphere(on el camino!)
February 9, 2006
Greg M.
Fresno , California
295 reviews , 1 photo
I have to say, in all honesty, that Camelot Fish n' Chips rocks. Seriously, any Brit that finds themselves on the Left Coast could not be sorry to have found this little shop. For myself, I avoid the little seaside hamlet of Pacifica (ex-inlaws, you know) but if there were extenuating circumstances, Camelot would be the place to find me. The fish is cooked with an amazing touch, so perfectly moist inside and crunchy-good outside that I am wanting some right now. One has to hunt to find this place, though, because it is tucked in the far corner of a shopping center (great place to score some Guinness to go with the fish, though) right off of the highway. When passing through this little burg-by-the-sea, oh man you gotta stop at Camelot and get happy happy happy. Gets Greg's Big Five Stars!
October 11, 2001
My family and I have lived in Pacifica for 3 years. We first ate Camelots Fish & Chips while we house hunted in the area; and boy did we love it! Upon settling in to Pacifica, we ate there once a week. For about a year now, we've taken to eating raw plant foods for a majority of our meals, so once a week has turned into once or twice a month since we simply cannot deprive ourselves of such hot, fresh , delicious fish and chips. If you love hushpuppies, (and probably have trouble finding them!) Camelots has them! We order both by phone and walk-in for carryout. If so desired, ask them to put salt and vinegar on the fish and chips before they wrap it. Since we like lots of malt vinegar, we buy a bottle of their 'Four Monks' malt vinegar whenever we are running low. It's just a couple bucks a bottle.....They also sell a variety of English chocolate bars. It is a neat, quaint little restaurant. There's always a nice atmosphere about the place; t ... more
May 12, 2000
Matthew
Bloomsburg , Pennsylvania
I was in CA on vacation when I stopped in for some chicken planks. I also had a imported beer. Both were excellent. I am going back the next time I go to CA.
March 2, 1998
I love fish and chips, as unhealthy as they are, and Camelot's is what I imagine fish n' chips are in the mothercountry. Indeed they are wrapped in newspaper, and not too greasy. The inside is kinda neat, as it is a visual compendium of all things England. Also, check out the photos on the wall from the time when a truck drove completety throught the windows and into the restaraunt.
July 25, 1996
The first fast food. Authentic Camelot Fish & Chips is not like the ones you get elsewhere, These are made from scratch with quality batter dipped seafood Freshly made chips(fries). Its ready in 7-10 minutes and its a healthy alternative to those other fast foods. In fact Fish & Chips was one of the first fast foods. In the 1890's working people would pick them up wraped in newspaper. They also have chicken, Shrimp, scallops, oysters, clams and onion rings. And yes, they wrap them in newspaper (with wax paper).
July 25, 1996
I am worker at Camelot Fish & Chips. Yes I know this might seem bias; however. I am 100% percent sure that if you haven't tried Camelot's fish and chips you are missing out "Big Time". If you don't believe me please ask any one in pacifica. hope to see you there...
June 29, 1996
The most authentic fish and chips I've ever had. I've traveled through England and have'nt tasted as good ones there! They use the best quality Cod Fish and tier chips (fries) are hand made from fresh taters. They also make thier batter from scratch. They even wrap it in newspaper to go! I don't think its too greasy, it is deep fried but alot of the fat is drained off. McDonalds or Taco Bell's probrably alot more fat (and less flavor).Camelot also has a good selection of English beer (try Newcastle or Bass) They've been a Pacifica institution for 30 years and people come from everywhere to eat there (even England). They not only have fish but also Clams,Scallops, Shrimp, Oysters, Calamari and Chicken. Try it, you will go back again!