Kincaid's Bay House-Restaurant

Recent Reviews for Kincaid's Bay House-Restaurant
May 1, 2006
W F.
dandridge , Tennessee
The foodis always delicious. Caesar salad is excellent, and if you need more asiago cheese or croutons, just ask. Prime rib is delectable. Wait persons are always friendly and try to remember you on your next visit. Atmosphere is wonderful and view of the water is great.
April 20, 2005
Carlos S.
Malibu , California
The food is great and if you are lucky you will get seated at a window looking out at the water. The interior is attractive. Service is always efficient. All seafood dishes are great!
November 10, 2004
I have visted this restaurant twice, once for lunch and once for dinner. Both were superb. I had prime rib for dinner, and I have to say, it was the best I have ever tasted. Lunch was great also, and reasonably priced. The bread is delicious! My granddaughter, Elizabeth, had the Tiger Prawns, and she said they were great! The restaurant is very clean and elegant and the view is fabulous, not to mention the service. I had a luncheon date with a group of women, and we were all pleased.
January 2, 2004
Corona R.
Oakland , California
The service was exemplary, the place comfortable and attractive, the food very tasty. But; the salad was served too cold, the Gumbalia too hot, and that great key-lime pie had way too much whipped cream on it.
December 27, 2003
Tony W.
sparks , Nevada
I love this place. The food is great and if you are lucky you will get seated at a window looking out at the water. The atmosphere is elegant with a full bar and excellent wine list. The food is flame broiled over hickory which also adds a flair to the food. When I get to the bay area I make a point of going here and after diner walking around Jack London Square.
August 27, 2003
Sharon D.
Lafayette , California
This is where I go when there is a Giants game and I don't want to take guests in to San Francisco. Good balance of seafood to red meat, so something for everyone. This is an upscale feel restaurant with attentive service and thoughful preparation. I have taken business contacts here and family here and have already had a superior experience in terms of service and quality of food. Another benefit is the underground parking lot, only 50 yards away.
October 30, 2000
Kate D.
San Jose , California
My husband and I recently moved to the west coast from Philadelphia and were looking for a seafood restaurant on the water witha relaxed atmosphere. Kincaid's was the place. Not only was the food fabulous (we ate the crab cakes and halibut) but the service was excellent and the atmosphere lovely. I recomend this place for just about every occasion.
October 7, 2000
We've had consistently good meals and good service here. We go ourselves for special occasions, and bring people from out of town to "show off" the area. The most positive review is actually from a friend who lives in NYC, and said his meal was "as good as anything he's had there." (He and his wife eat out a lot there, as do many people in Manhattan.) The plank salmon was great, and I'm not even a fan of salmon. Halibut very good, everything we've tried is very good to excellent. Often crowded on weekends, make reservations or be prepared to wait. You'll see why when you try it!
August 31, 2000
Tom T.
California
OVERALL: 4.0 stars. SERVICE: = 4.0 stars. The service is always consistently good from visit to visit. Today, we did early dinner, and the service was fabulous. Our server was always courteous, and was diligent and attentive to details. She made no mistakes and gave service that was expected, even taking time to suggest good entree items and specials. The usual requests as to the water and coffee refills were handled promptly. She brought out the dessert menu right on cue, and explained each item which we had questions about. The views are good, though it also depends on the time of day and the amount of shipping in the Estuary. Late afternoon the sun can glare on the water, but evenings are nice. FOOD: = 4.0 stars. The food (especially dessert) is still a winning quality of Kincaid's. 16 oz. Prime Rib: = 4.0 stars. The 16 oz. prime rib is excellent, (ALMOST as good as that of Skate's by the Bay in Berkeley Marina (I recommend a visit to Skate's ... more
August 31, 2000
Tom T.
California
NOTE: The 4.0 stars I gave to the 16 oz. Prime Rib, in the review below, as compared to the 3.5 stars I gave to the Prime Rib at Skates by the Bay (review of 15 August 2000), accounts for the difference in accompaniments and quality of those accompaniments. If, as noted in the review of Skates, the quality were improved to that experienced during the second visit (review of 17 August 2000), the scores for the Prime Rib at both restaurants would be equal at 4.0 stars (maybe 3.95 for Kincaid's, due to the greater fat content).