Sapporo Sushi & Steak House

Recent Reviews for Sapporo Sushi & Steak House
May 27, 2007
Mike N.
New Jersey
I went with my girlfriend on a Saturday night around 8. As the other reviews said, the place is pretty dead, though at the time I chalked it up to all of the college kids having gone home this time of year. I got the sushi dinner. The salad and soup were fine (hard to mess up) and the sushi was well, acceptable. I was expecting a bit more from all the accolades this establishment has supposedly received. It wasn't any different than any other sushi place I've went to. The service was good, and the waitress didn't mind that she had to come back 3 times before we finally made a decision. Prices are about average as far as big-name sushi places go.
February 5, 2006
I thought the experience here was awful. The hibachi prices were higher than average and the food quality was poor. The overall atmosphere was poor and non-exciting for a place that could draw in a crowd not only for the food but for the experience. We went at prime time friday night...and the place was empty..we now know why. The service was not up to par along with the food. Also they should try hiring a real bartender. I was not pleased at all and the management was not helpful throughout this whole experience. I will never go back and I suggest you take my advice.
November 30, 2005
Lousy service. Food is OK but, when you go to a restaurant, you pay for the food and the service. You do not get the service here. I've never been harrased for a tip. I guess there is a first time for everything.
November 23, 2005
I go here for lunch sometimes since it is the only sushi place around here. The food is good, but not excellent. And the service tends to be slow. The box lunches are reasonably priced, though I've been to better sushi places with less expensive box lunches. Overall, I've eatin at better and worse places and am planing on going here for lunch today.
June 11, 2004
Robert J.
Cary , North Carolina
Talked to a local about this place and heard they had good fresh tuna. The meal was fresh, but I was not used to the way it was prepared. The tuna was good, but I prefer the more simple methods of preparing it, the taste is better in my opinion.
August 9, 2001
This is an excellent all-around Japanese restaurant. If you want Hibachi, it's great. Phenomenal service, presentation, and food at the Hibachi tables. The Sushi is excellent! Definitely try the Spicy Tuna. And finally, you can't go wrong washing it all down with Sapporo beer.