Costa Verde

Sayreville, NJ

Category: Mexican

Recent Reviews for Costa Verde
March 30, 2006
I've been to Costa Verde many times, and the food there is very good. I've had better paella, though.
January 19, 2006
Well, here's why I think they suck. First of all, you get there and they tell you it's a 45 minute to 1 hour wait. So an hour and 45 minutes later you manage to snag a table in the bar area (self seating-no reservations)only to be told by the waitress that she already reserved it for someone else. So we finally get seated over 2 hours later (would have left but the weather was terrible)and have an ok dinner-no great big deal. Down neck has the best Portugese anyway. I will give kudos to the waiter though-he tried his best to make things ok. Now the clincher? We are leaving the place it's freezing and snowing out and we find our car broken into and 2 others were stolen. I WOULD NEVER GO BACK!! Go to Portugese Fisherman in South River. Food is better and apparently, so is the area. Been there many times and left with a happy feeling and my vehicle as well!
February 18, 2004
THE FOOD WAS OK!! AND I MEAN JUST OK. MY SWORD FISH WAS OVER COOKED, WE HAD RESERVATIONS AND STILL WAITED, THE SERVICE WAS JUST PLAIN DISGUSTING, OUR WAITER MADE A NASTY COMMENT WHEN HE WAS ASKED TO SPLIT OUR BILLS BEFORE WE PLACE OUR ORDERS. THEN HE NEVER CAME BACK TO OUR TABLE. HE DIDN'T ASK US HOW EVERYTHING WAS OR IF WE NEEDED ANYTHING ELSE OR IF WE EVEN WANTED DESSERT AND I HAD TO FLAG HIM DOWN IN PASSING FOR THE CHECK. HE HAD THE GUYS FROM THE KITCHEN HELP US WHILE HE HELPED EVERY TABLE AROUND US. I WAS COMPLETELY TURNED OFF BY THE WAY MYSELF AND MY PARTY WERE TREATED. WHEN I ASKED TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER, THEY SENT OVER A WAITER WHO COULD HARDLY SPEAK ENGLISH AND ALL I GOT WAS "COME BACK I'LL GIVE YOU A FREE MEAL" NEVER AGAIN!!!
October 14, 2000
Rosanna D.
Old Bridge , New Jersey
The food here is very good and you get alot for your money. Go here at off hours because they tend to get crowded on weekends. D'ont forget to use your Entertainment Book coupon!
June 30, 2000
Anne S.
Aberdeen , New Jersey
Very good food. Not too spicy either. Most portions are large. Good service during the week, but on weekends, it may be a little slow.
May 14, 2000
Rebekah P.
edison , New Jersey
great food, great sangria, and good portions as well. recommend it. dont go on holidays. very crowded, and the time told to you is not kept.
December 9, 1999
Vince H.
The food here is good portions are large...doggie bag recommended....the service is great and the atmospher is unrushed...the shrimp in garlic is great...need a loaf of bread for it....