Tokyo Japanese Restaurant

Recent Reviews for Tokyo Japanese Restaurant
March 27, 2006
Kimberley M.
Woodbridge , New Jersey
Good food, well prepared sushi, but the service was quite slow. After going there several times, we realized that the wait staff was just not going to see if we needed anything, so our tea cups would empty, we needed more wasabi, or wanted another roll, and nobody was around to help. It was just too frustrating. They could do better!
September 4, 2003
Lee C.
South Plainfield , New Jersey
I have never had a bad meal or bad service here! I am surprised with what I have been reading in the other reviews (granted they are several years old as well). I have eaten here at least 4-5 times in the past year and each time I have great service...was seated quickly...got a great show (as the chef prepares your food right in front of you). Some of the Chef's put on a better "show" than others...but the food tastes just as good! I am not a sushi eater so I cannot speak to those items...but the hibatchi food is excellent...and the service was great!
September 26, 2000
I ate here with two friends of mine a couple of weeks ago and I will never go back. The food was fine but the service was the worst I've experienced in a long time. I ordered a couple of sushi rolls as an appetizer and a hibachi dinner along with my friends. I could stand on my head and spit wooden nickels, naked on the hibachi grill and I still wouldn't be able to get the attention of the wait staff. I needed extra ginger, wine, a refill on my water - twice, and tea. It was impossible! And to top it off, the waiter removed the cup (not a pot) of tea (that I waited 10 minutes for) before I had a chance to even finish it. Then they had the nerve to include a 15 % gratuity! They deserved NO tip for such inattentive service! Stay away! Go to Shogun instead!
September 4, 2000
I've been to this restaurant a couple of times and I'll never go back again. Although the food was excellent, the service was atrocious. I had gone with my 4 year old daughter. I ordered the all you can eat special and teriyaki chicken for my daughter. The waitress said that we cannot share my entree. Upon receiving our meals, my daughter insisted upon having a california roll, so I gave her one, which I didn't think was incriminating. The waitress saw this and got very angry. When she gave me the bill, she charged me for two adult entrees (the all you can eat sushi) and the teriyaki chicken. On top of that she included her 15% tip. I was able to straighten this out with the owner of the restaurant. Because of the unpleasantness of this dining experience I will never go back to this restaurant again.
July 1, 2000
Rebekah P.
edison , New Jersey
what a great place to go to experience excellent food, service, and entertainment. they cook your habachi dinner right in front of you. cant get any fresher than that. excellent!! try the scallops.