Alta Mar

Recent Reviews for Alta Mar
May 5, 2007
John B.
fall river , Massachusetts
Never really had mexican seafood, but I cant believe what I was missing... now f I could jst get the recipes....go here!
April 6, 2006
Well the sea food its Expectacular and nothing like Las tortas de pierna.about the only good place with Mexican sea food in OAKLAND.HAY QUE BUENO!!!!
April 20, 2005
Carlos S.
Malibu , California
If you like Mexican seafood, then definately check this place out. I've driven an hour just to come here to eat. For those seafood lovers, this is the place to taste
February 22, 2005
Well my dinner was delicious! I have been going their since the 1989 earthquake/world series, my vote here is 100% truth to the flavor, to the taste and the freshness of the chilles rellenos. Those seafood dishes, "for those seafood lovers, this is the place to taste".well thats my slogan, oh! It's a good long time ago they had a mariachi band playing great mexican music.but soon everything will come back on it's place I personally invite you their in june 2005 whit a fresh new start.margaritas ect.... oh I cant wait.
February 20, 2005
althoug I have to say this is A great place for food man oh man!!my folks and I, enjoyed this seafood platter called Mariscada altamar with juicy shrimp and scallops and all types of seafood for about 30 bucks Five of us enjoyed it a Great deal. Now you love seafood! you have to try this spot, but it does tend to have 1980's look the manager their told me they where workin on a concept, for a moment their I was like what you mean man he said with a bar and margaritas then i looked at him and he said teqilla, I then told him I cant wait brother you'll see me their eatin seafood with my wife and peoples.
February 20, 2005
I have heard alot of disaster story's but indeed we all know how rumors travel, but indefinit my experiance was good with a wonderful authentic mexican food and mexican seafood the fish, the mariscos soup the best in seafood i have to say, just like veracruz, and my abulita said "esta muy fresco el pescado!" meaning it was very fresh, I dont know how she could tell, and my abulito also loved the camarones ahgados, (drown shrimp in lime juice) its a ceviche he had a tostada and a velve a la vida cocktail comboniation, (looked very good)not bad for a mexican restarnt since 1982 23 years my family has been going their since their opening.(a little history of oakland.)
December 15, 1999
If you like Mexican seafood, then definately check this place out. I've driven an hour just to come here to eat. If you want a fancy place to eat, then stay home. Here you will find plain tables/chairs, and Mexican decorations all around. It's rather noisy, and sometimes there are these Mexican band players who play there. I think they are regulars who mainly go there to drink Coronas. The clientel is usually 100% Mexican(a good sign for authentic food), and the place usually is full of good vibes. The location doesn't look the safest, but I've been there many times and haven't had any problems, even at night. As mentioned, the food is worth the trip. Everything is fresh and authentic. My favorites include fish quesedia appetizers with avacado, lettice and salsa in a corn tortilla. The Whole fried fish is also very good. The seafood soup is a meal in its' self, and is probably my most favorite. The broth is red and spicy. The ingredients inside include ... more