Touch Of Aloha Restaurant, A

Recent Reviews for Touch Of Aloha Restaurant, A
August 2, 2000
Win L.
alameda , California
the buffet is definitely overpriced. we have stopped going to this restaurant about 3 years ago. everytime we went to eat the price was higher. the selection of hawaiian foods on the menu is poor. there is not much variety at all!
December 16, 1999
Aloha, Considering I'm from the islands, I suppose this is about as good as it's going to get in California; and it's truly not that terrible! The food is on the expensive side of the spectrum, especially if you're looking for lau lau! I have to say that I make much better lau lau, but considering you can't get it anywhere else and it takes quite some time to make, it's worth having once in awhile. As for the buffet, I have to agree that it's overpriced for what you get. But, why do people believe that a meal like that is going to be any cheaper on the islands? It's not. As a matter of fact, if you go to the shopping mall (a la moana), the cafeteria has a similar stop that's just as expensive, and not quite as good! I would recommend this restaurant to just about anyone who may want to get a taste of the islands. Of course, the only way to get truly wonderful Hawaiian food is to save up and go home...or marry someone Hawaiian like my husband did ... more
July 12, 1998
This restaurant is just okay when it comes to the food being served. Being from Hawaii, and being this is supposed to be a HAwaiian style family restaurant, I feel it is over priced. Granted this is the only Hawaiian eating place in the area, I don't think this justifies the small portions. Back home in Hawaii, You get more for less. My recommendation to you is to save your money and get a REAL Hawaiian meal in Hawaii, unless you are really desperate for Hawaiian food.
October 22, 1997
Aloha kakou, We found it! This place is hard to find but worth the effort. Tucked away in the back of the shopping center like an island or archapelago a way from the rest of what is going on yet very much in touch with the world with food that is outstanding is A Touch of Aloha. Island favorites in a family restaurant. The decor is a bit over done with so much junk on the walls but the video of Hawaii on their TV was nice. Kamaaina or malihini, kane, wahine or keiki bring whole clan. This place is fit for Kamehameha himself. I can't say much for the variety of pupus on the menu. That could be bigger, but we didn't go for the pupus we went for general island food and got what we wanted.
September 19, 1997
Went there for brunch recently with my family. The brunch didn't look that good. I was disappointed in the 'hawaiian' selection of the buffet. So, we got the pork instead and it really wasn't as good as I expected. The service wasn't very good, either. I was hoping to finally find some good polynesian food, but this wasn't it... I'll keep looking.
March 13, 1997
Earl K.
The Nashiro Family has done a great job in putting together some of local island favorites on menu...and the poki, poi and laulau is fresh. Check out their website at: http://www.menehune.com/aloha Special buffet menu or their daily menu...catering information available.
July 1, 1996
Angela L.
A very friendly restaurant, but the buffet price is too high since there is only a few choices. The tuna salad and the dessert are great.
May 29, 1996
Greig N.
I liked this place!! It's pretty obscure---you have to be looking for it to find it! But I think it's worth it! If you've been to Hawaii and like their faire, well, this is the place!! The atmosphere is Hawaiian coffee shop, and friendly. The service is ok, and the buffets are very good. I've caught their Sunday brunch, and they had a really good seafood casserole on their table! I've also enjoyed their won ton min noodle soup and their loco moko. I can't make it to Hawaii often, but this place sure helps.
March 30, 1996
Gary I.
Mediocre food combined with an extremely obnoxious and unfriendly service attitude by the restaurant owner Richard Nashiro make this one restaurant to avoid. There is no "Aloha" spirit in the restaurant and the service practices and policies DISCRIMINATE against families with infants and toddlers - pretty amazing for a supposedly "family" restaurant. Watch out for the $5.00 cleaning charge that gets added to your bill if your child should happen to drop some food from his/her high chair (almost a given for any 1 year old). There have been complaints filed w/ the Better Business Bureau regarding these practices.