Harold's New York Deli

oak park , Illinois
October 3, 2008
Greg Z.
Union County , New Jersey
At a time when many of the formerly great delis of New York City (e.g., The Stage) have gone downhill, especially compared to the Deli heyday of the 1920s to the 1960s (I personally remember the 1960s but my parents informed me about earlier times and how the quality and generosity were already slipping in the 1960s), Harold's New York Deli in Edison, NJ continues the great tradition impeccably. Perhaps even better than the still-good Carnegie Deli, it brings back memories of the no longer extant Second Avenue Deli of downtown New York. Yet unlike its city counterparts, Harold's is spacious and modern-looking, clean, shiny and new. The bland outside of the building misleads you. The food is beyond delicious and the portions are enormous. I can't imagine someone who remembers the old days in NY being disappointed. The prices are very high, which is the only thing preventing me from going there more often.
January 19, 2008
Bob O.
edison , New Jersey
Have eaten there many times. ALWAYS friendly service and welcomed most of the time by Harold himself. We (family of four) get a double roast beef and a double pastrami (sp?) most of the time. Yes, the pickels are the best and always fresh. Don't let the prices fool you.
January 19, 2008
ROBERT S.
ROSELLE PARK , New Jersey
Still the best deli around for huge portions and delicious food. 13 oz sandwiches are enough for two and the 26 oz will feed four. Sides are equally large and will satisfy everyone. Huge menu to choose from and the pickle bar is a great way to start the meal (great health food salad there also)
March 23, 2007
Bill H.
New Jersey
Home of the giant sandwich. Do not be fooled by the high price because one sandwich feeds about 3 people. Not particularly good unless you like to share or take home the extra.
July 24, 2006
This restaurant is the ORIGINAL Harold's, all the others are franchises. The portions are HUGE and meant to be shared or to be taken home and savored for extra meals. The ambiance is pleasant I am always greeted by Harold or one of his associates and made to feel welcome. Before I found Harold's I thought a certain Deli in my hometown was the best but Harold's has them beat by a mile
May 16, 2006
ROBERT S.
ROSELLE PARK , New Jersey
Excellent food...enormous portions....you won't go home hungry...and all the pickles you can eat....take a look at the size of the desserts...no room to eat them here...better take one home because your going to need plenty of people to finish one....
April 3, 2006
THE BEST DELI IN THE U.S.A. GREAT FOOD, GREAT SERVICE HIGHLY RECOMMEND
October 14, 2005
I have eaten and enjoyed harold's Deli for years. I have always brought friends, and they always sat there amazed at the size of the portions <br> Two days ago, I ate in Harold's and ordered the matzoh ball Soup which used to come with two gigantic matzoh balls, for 13.95 a bowl, it's a bit pricey, but can be shared by at least 4-6 people <br> They now serve only one matzoh ball per order, for the same 13.95!! When I asked why, I was told, they give you more soup??? More Soup? It's chicken broth, which certainly doesn't seem like a fair trade off to me <br> Unfortunately, greed has reared it's ugly head, and I will never patronize Harold's again
March 4, 2005
Samantha P.
Rahway , New Jersey
Harold's corned beef and pastrami sandwiches are legendary. Bigger isn't always better doesn't apply here. More than generous with not only the sandwiches in their diningroom but when you take-out you're provided with enough rye bread to make regular sized sandwiches for 3 0r 4 friends! The knishes are excellent and both the fries and onion rings are addictive. A bit pricey but you get what you pay for & more.
1 | 2 | 3  Next >