Siam Garden

Menlo Park, CA

Category: Thai

Recent Reviews for Siam Garden
January 26, 1998
I'd have to say this is my favorite Thai restaraunt. I've been to about five in the Bay area and Siam Gardens is the one I most often return to. The food is excellent and the service is exceptional.
February 19, 1997
Amy L.
I used to like this place. But a recent revisit shows the food to lack the quality it used to have and the service is definitely slipping as well. I ordered the Thai fried rice and was very annoyed when it only contained three pieces of pineapple. Who have heard of a good Thai restaurant served Thai Fried Rice with only three pieces of pineapple in it. When I got the check, I found that the waitress has overcharged me in couple of the items. She ensured me that she only overcharged me for the couple items I found and she will gladly fix it for me. Of course, no apology whatsoever. I insisted in checking the prices against the menu and found that she has overcharged me on 3 other items, that made 5 out of 7. Again, I got annoyance instead of any apology from the waitress. I have never been treated so badly by a restaurant who overcharged me. So folks, make sure to check your bill against the listed price in the menu. Don't let them cheat you.
October 7, 1996
Shawn A.
I love this place! The Thai cusine here is quite good, although never spicy enough unless you ask for extra hot. The main hostess/waitress has an amazing memory and will remember faces as well as names. The last time a group of us were there we ordered our dishes by number and asked her to tell us what each dish was. With 80+ dishes on the menu we were sure she would slip up once, but no chance. Although Thai food restaurants have been popping up in the area, I still like this one the best because of its fantastic service and consistently great entrees. Make sure not to miss out on a glass of their delicious Thai iced-tea!
March 1, 1996
Jim K.
IMHO, the best Thai restaurant on the Peninsula. Friendly folks, good food, good service. If you want the food hot (chemically, that is), you have to ask; they've toned down the spicing for what they think the customers want.
January 30, 1996
Sam and Lee, two of the friendliest host and hostess in Penisula, always make dining at Siam Garden a pleasant experience. The food quality can vary depending on how busy the kitchen is, but for the most part is fresh and tasty. The Spicy Chicken with Thai Basil has a nice bite which properly enhances the unique flavor of the sweet basil. The Khew Wan Nur (Beef in Green Curry) is also noteworthy, with a subtle kick that sneaks up on you. However, I've been generally disappointed with the Tom Yum Kung there. They tend to overcook the shrimp and the stock just doesn't pack in enough zest. The Pad-Thai is acceptable if uninspired. Sam does whips up a pretty refreshing glass of Thai ice tea (not for those on a diet, as it packs in a hefty share of sugar and half&half), and the mango with sticky rice when in season is a fine way to finish a meal. A few years ago, I'd rank this as one of the better Thai restaurants in the area, but even though I think their standard has been maintaine ... more
January 13, 1996
Steve W.
Bigger restauarnt than it appears from the street. Nice public parking lot right next door. Food was excellent, however three complaints. First, the spicy food wasn't spicy enough, but that is probably because they're jsut cautious.. next time I go I'll ask for more spice. Second, the food was not hot enough: thermally. Oddly this was true of the tea, the three main dishes, and the rice. Strange! The great chicken+curry dish was excellent, but at the end the curry sauce was so tepid it wasn't really appitetizing. Third, for the prices of the dishes, they were very small. This was most notably true of the curry dish, which was so small we at first thought that they were splitting it for individuals. Even with these complaints, though, it was actually very tasty. I definately plan to return.