Le Pot Au Feu

Very unique
May 16, 2007
Sandra W.
new york , Florida
What the heck This is Charlotte and the food was good...service was spotty... atmosphere was very nice...
November 11, 2001
This is one of the best places in the bay area for good honest food, in a very relaxed and quiet atmosphere. The baked brie is a must! I have had the pleasure of eating here for many years and I have not once been disapointed. A place where they will remember your name and welcome you back with a smile.
July 16, 2001
Sharon D.
Lafayette , California
This is solid, classic French food. Not frou-frou nouvelle California. The Brie appetizer was delicious. The quality of the goat cheese on the salad was excellent. The beef Wellington satisfied our true-blue meat eater. Anything in served in a puff pastry was great. We had a group of 6 and we shared 2 salads and 2 appetizers and the waiter didn't blink. Some restaurants where we do this, the waiters are rather rude "is that all???" but the service here, as noted by earlier reviewers, is really geared toward the customer's wishes. Not a good place for a diet, but for an indulgent meal, prefect.
September 5, 2000
Vic C.
The service was excellent and did not rush you through the meal. The food was generally good but I had the rabbit and it was totally raw inside. This spoiled what could have been a memorable, got to come back to resturant.
April 21, 1997
We have eaten at this restaurant many times, as well as introducing it to several friends. We have ALWAYS had excellent food as well as charming and courteous service. The escargot are particularly good - just like in France. I am also very fond of the "light entree" a salmon dish that is just the perfect size for those of us who love to order an appetizer, main course and desert; but can't really eat all that food. The wine list is not the largest, but is hand-picked to include some very good wines. Also, extremely reasonably priced. When we went to a store to find a wine that we had liked very much,during dinner, we found it to only be a few more dollars than at the restaurant. Amazing, considering most restaurants mark up their wines to double the store cost (200 %). Le Pot au Feu is definately not trying to gouge you on the wines. Really, one of the best little gems on the peninsula!
November 11, 1996
This is one of my favourite French restaurant in the area. It's very small, has a very 'date' type of atmosphere with a efficient "French-like" service (read: not loud and annoying). I recommend the Beef Medaillon with either the roquefort or truffle sauce, though the Pot au Feu itself is also an excellent dish. The 'escargots' apetizer is, of course, a must.
August 21, 1996
Michael B.
This restaurant has changed hands several times and I haven't eaten there in years. The current owners, who run the front rooms themselves are very gracious and make guests feel very welcome. I've had occasion to have dinner there twice in the last month. Both meals were excellent. The dishes were uniformly good all round our table. The baked Brie appetizer and the apple tart dessert are both spectacular. By today's standards, the wine list,although not extensive, is reasonably priced and has a decent mix of local and French bottles. The service is well-paced for my taste - I like leisurely dining. All in all, a very satisfying evening can be had here. This restaurant takes the Transmedia Card. If you use it the evening will be a bargain.
July 2, 1996
Stefania P.
We went for a pre-movie dinner and they accomdated our schedule very well. (Read, they weren't snooty!) My husband had the salmon in puff pastry as described above. Rich sauce, yes -- but it was served on the side (without our asking) and we really appreciated that. I had their specialty "Le pot au feu" and it was divine. It is a dish of boiled veggies, chicken breast and beef short rib. (Sort of like a fresher, tastier corned beef and cabbage). It was served accompanied by sea salt, dijon mustard, and cornichons. I wanted something simple and this certainly was. I liked being able to taste different bites depending on what I put on it. A delicious dish -- and fun to eat too! We had a great time and appreciate their attentive and speedy service. (We thought the latter would be impossible in a French restaurant.)
June 20, 1996
Binda S.
I had a wonderful three course meal. Started with the french onion which was lovely. Then I had beef which was really tender and cooked without overwhelming it with herbs and spices. The veg was lovely. The dessert was fantastic. Best meal i've had in a long time. The wine was okay (Californian Pinot). French Burgundy would've gone down better (can't afford it). The waiter (a real frenchman) had a great sense of humour and we shared some great one-liners.