Bangkok House Restaurant

Half Moon Bay, CA

Category: Thai

Recent Reviews for Bangkok House Restaurant
June 17, 1997
The food was very good, I've had better Thai in SF, but enjoyable none the less - portions were a little small. However, the service stunk! The place was maybe 75% full and it took forever for them to wait on us. After we sat down, it was atleast 10 minutes before anyone came to our table. They were rude and unfriendly. I don't know who the owner is, but he never made an appearance while we were there. It took forever to get our food. After we were done eating, again we waited and waited and no one came to the table. I finally flagged someone down and asked for the check. It was atleast another 5 mintues before the check came. THEN, someone came to get the money before we even had it all together. We were putting the money together and this man stood next to the table and waited for it. That was the kind of service they should have given us during dinner! The food was probably worth 3 stars, but the service was so bad, I doubt I will go back. I'd rather drive into the cit ... more
May 10, 1997
This is a great place to have a romantic dinner for two (ask for a window table) or a fun place to take friends and try many new dishes together. The food has a wonderful variety and range of flavors. I hate to say that for years I avoided this place, thinking it was just for tourists, but then a friend had a birthday party there and I was convinced this is a truly authentic, family-owned Thai restaurant. I have returned many times, never to be disappointed. [You should know this place used to be home to a steak house, so that explains the room design.] If you're passing through or if you're a local, give it a try!
January 22, 1997
Very quiet atmosphere, seems that every body was whispering. Food was good but not hot as anticipated.. I was told later by local folk that you need to request it to be spicy.
November 15, 1996
William W.
A good neighborhood Thai restaurant. The atmosphere is Generic Thai Restaurant; the lights are perpetually set to "extra dim"; the food is surprisingly good. The fried vegetable patties are a personal favorite. Service is slow so bring along an entertaining friend.
February 18, 1996
Best Thai food place I've been to in a long time. Excellent selection, delicious entrees. Worth the drive from San Jose. I tried the Red Chicken curry. Loved it! My friend had the shrimp stuffed with pork. That was also excellent. I'd definitely recommend it. Service seemed a bit slow, maybe because it was packed. The owner seemed to take special interest in every customer. He went around checking on every table if everything was OK. That's personal touch! If you like Thai food, definitely check this one out!