Toto's Pizzeria Daly City

Daly City, CA

Category: Pizza

Recent Reviews for Toto's Pizzeria Daly City
December 7, 2006
I too was raised on Toto's Pizza! Growing up in Daly City inthe 60's - 70's who could not! I actually found out that the "Fog Town" location was closing the day before the closing. I called that them to day to verify and was told it what this day not tomorrow. It was 6pm and they said they would be closing door at 9pm. I hopped in my 63 Cadillac and sped over to DC from nearly 80 miles out. I got there with 30min to spare and was told that I was too late and the doors were closed. I pleaded my case and told them I drove from far away and this is one of the last things of my childhood that was still around. I just wanted one more taste of Toto's pizza. They let me in. they asked me how I know of them in the first place. I mentioned it was my aunt that served it to us YEARS ago. We have been eating is ever since. We all moved to the burbs and still made the long haul. Always well worth the drive!!! While waiting for my pie and talking away another g ... more
February 7, 2000
I was raised on Toto's pizza, it is the best pizza I have ever tasted, like no other. The pasta is also great, simple, but filling. The service is a bit short and rude, but it's like any place you love-part of the atmosphere.
October 10, 1999
We have had a relationship with this Toto's for close to 30 years. Delivery is ok, it's best to dine there.
August 14, 1998
I have enjoyed Toto's for over 35 years. They have great sauce and fresh chopped garlic.
March 2, 1998
People have been swearing by Toto's pizza for years, since the original on Mission St way back, it has become a North Peninsula staple. The restaraunt itself is just fine, for a pizzeria. It seems like over half the staff has been there since....forever, and their service is good. As far as pizzas go, I would put it in a far second place to a North Beach Pizza, put WELL AHEAD of all those chain-type places, a la Dominos, Round Table, et al. But I honestly can say that no other pizza tastes like it. I too have heard not the greatest stories on their delivery, so just drop by, it's right off 280 between John Daly and Junipero Serra exits.
November 15, 1996
Rene P.
I have been eating at Totos for years and it is still the best "real" pizza around. It is definitely not for anyone looking for a healthy alternative - grease galore. Make sure to order extra garlic. For you vegetarians, the selection is limited to mushrooms, onions, and peppers (no olives or sliced tomatoes). The creamy italian salad dressing is great and the gnocchi is pretty good - it appears to be homemade. The marinara is also pretty good, but nothing spectacular. Service is average but usually not unpleasant (most of the people have been there as long as I've been going to Toto's so you begin to know everyone). I wouldn't recommend having a delivery as it usually takes a while and the pizza tastes much better fresh. Parking is terrible, but worth it if you are looking for good old fashioned pizza.
January 31, 1996
Bill F.
Rocklin , California
The last time I ordered a pizza from Toto's it took an hour and a half to get to my house a mile away. The best pizza in the world is not worth that long of a wait, and Toto's is a long way from that.