Dharmas Natural Fast Foods

Capitola, CA

Category: Vegetarian

Recent Reviews for Dharmas Natural Fast Foods
April 25, 2003
A rather unique restaurant w/ a kind of greenhouse meets cafateria decor. It's a spacious restaunrant and you form a line to order your food. My BF and I didn't have to wait in line though. The menu is very good and they serve Breakfast lunch & dinner. My BF had vegan cornmeal pancakes and he thought they were awesome! Let me tell you, THEY WERE HUGE!!!!! He got the short stack and it cam w/ 3 dinner plate size massive pancakes. 3 meals in one!!!! I had the veggi burrito and it was very yummy! Their iced tea is very good and freshly brewed! I will return when I go back to the Santa Cruz area.
September 1, 2000
V G.
Dayton , Ohio
ok if you like vegatarian. My husband and I aren't though. We had their veggie burger. It was suprisingly rather good, but unfortuantely I was hungry again about an hour later.
June 5, 2000
T S.
Martinez , California
I like this place but my hubby doesn't so he'll only agree to go if its my birthday. I bring my mom here though and she says she likes it. My favorite dish is the Bo Thai which is a stir fry of noodles & assorted veggies in a delicious spicy thai sauce. I also like the scrambled pesto tofu for breakfast. Very casual atmosphere. You order and pay at the counter and they call your name when your food is ready. You bus your own dirty dishes when you're finished.
May 14, 2000
Renato C.
santiago ,
Well, the diversity of commentary is a necessary part of reviewing these places. I've eaten there once and had the temphe (made from soy, it is the non-meat meat of Indonesia) burger. I thought it was great. Though I do have a problem with places that SEEM like the staff is "UNWASHED" it is a difficult call to make. This perception may be colored by our own class lenses. I have gotten sick in more places that were "CLEAN" and fancy, then these little, veggie places. So, just be careful. If you see someone dipping their dreadlocks into the soy-o-naise, then nail them for it--call the health dept! Try a smoothie, something simple and enjoy.
July 11, 1998
Robert L.
This place has all the qualities of the average vegn. restaurant. The egg substitutes are terrible; I tried the Thai omelet and got and kept down about two bites. The place smells. The clientele is unwashed. My wife said the pancakes were ok, and I guess they don't do too badly with grains. But unless you're a sadist, don't take anyone here, and unless you're a masochist, don't try it yourself.
March 23, 1998
Frank S.
As a vegetarian I think this is one of the best "fast food" places I've been too. It has a delightful atmosphere. Cafeteria style ordering with tables interspersed with floor and hanging plants. The food IS unique AND delicious.
July 27, 1996
Brett B.
Vegetarian fast food at it's best. Casual quick and quality. The only place I know of that has vegan pancakes.