Yiassoo

Recent Reviews for Yiassoo
June 27, 2000
John H.
San Jose , California
I normally make a bee line for Greek food when moving into a new area, Yiassoo didn't disappoint me. There has only been two places where the food tasted better then Yiassoo, my friends Kitchen and a little place in Washington. The only thing you should steer away from is the cinnamin puffs.
May 22, 2000
Bernard H.
San Jose , California
when the 1st yiasoo opened on bascom ave., my dad took me to it regularly. we love gyros. we've always wished there was a real gyros place in the bay area, not just those cheesy mall fud court gyros places that put the meat in pocket bread n' put cheese n' lettuce on it n' stuff like that. no, yiassoo is a real greek fast fud joint. the service n' management is always friendly. i've always enjoyed the gyros plate or souvlaki plate. the greek salad n' the fries r great! i love the hot, crispy french fries. i strongly agree w/ p.c. muller's review. when he sez: i must wholeheartedly agree. the meridian ave. / blossom hill location got turned into a starbucks! whatsup?! i've always loved yiassoo! when i was in hs i wrote a thumbs up review of yiasoo 4 a hs youth group newsletter. i know it's a li'l pricier than taco bell, but it's much better. i sed it then, n' i'm saying it now.
May 4, 2000
Amy A.
Campbell , California
The food is good to ok. My biggest problem with the place is that the portions are small for the price.
December 16, 1997
Marc R.
Their gyros were so greasy the 2 times I was there, as were the fried, that I couldn't finish them. Their chicken lemon soup tastes like water, with cornstarch, a few grains of instant rice tossed in, and a vague hint of lemon (I didn't taste the chicken stock at all). This place is definately a place to avoid.
December 18, 1996
Renee P.
Discovery Bay , California
Great for a change of pace from some fast food place. I've had lunch here several times and the food has always been consistantly good.
July 6, 1996
If you're a Greek food afficionado, and you've ever visited the East Coast, you know we're lucky to have the Yiassoo chain in our own back yard. If you seek a nice alternative to the burger 'n fries routine, try one of their souvlaki or gyro sandwiches. And give them your business! I'd hate to lose these oases of variety. Kali orexi (that's Greek for Bon Appetit).