Yanni

347-2088

Category: Greek, Greek

Recent Reviews for Yanni
June 2, 2005
This restaurant is closed-- and no wonder, the food last time we went was awful. We took my sister in law for her birthday here. Big mistake! We had lamb (which was really mutton). The regular chef must have been off the night we went, because there were kids in the kitchen, and a couple of them were in training. The couple at the table across from us also had "lamb", and they sent it back to the kitchen. That should have been a clue for us. <br> We felt ripped off. Now they are closed, and no wonder.
March 29, 2001
A marvelous neighborhood restaurant that I have been using for several years. The service is very good and unobtrusive. The food is very, very good with a nice selection of Greek dishes that are always delicious. Reasonably priced and offers a nice ambiance. I heartily recommend this restaurant.
June 29, 1998
I went to Yianni's in Burlingame to entertain clients for lunch. We ordered the Zesta Orektika which had a combination of spanakopita, tiropita, keftedes and loukaniko, and hummus with pita bread, it was wonderful!!! We then ordered lamb souvlaki, mousaka, and befteki (seasoned burger on pita). We all shared our meals and topped it off with Retsina wine. I highly recommend Yianni's for corporate lunch!
June 25, 1998
Maile D.
I just love greek food and have been to many Greek restaurants in the Bay area and this is by far the very Best!!! They serve all the traditional dishes as well as some delicious creations of their own, such as my favorite, Garides Metaxa, which are jumbo prawns sauteed with garlic, feta, in a tomato sauce with Ouzo and Metaxa. They also serve a wonderful chicken dish called Kota Mykonos. This is a chicken breast sauteed with mushrooms, white wine, and artichokes. Delicious! One thing that you have to have when you visit Yianni's is the Saganaki!!! This greek flambe cheese not only has an exciting presentation, but is also 'melt in your mouth' good!!
October 30, 1997
Just when you think there are no good Greek restaurants on the Penninsula, you find Yanni's. It's tucked in between Chicken! Chicken! and a video store. A bit hard to miss on a casual drive, but worth finding. The Mousaka is fantastic, come hungry. The Souvlaki is tender and melts in your mouth. The Spanikopita is fresh, flaky and surprisingly not overwhelming as a main course. The Gyro isn't from a wheel, but the fries more than make up for it. This is a restaurant that loves to make and serve good greek food.