Chez Panisse

July 8, 2009
February 15, 2009
Isuara D.
Bay Area , California
Love it. Alice Waters started something we should thank her for. Going to France and truely experiencing it, then sharing it with us.
February 15, 2009
Isuara D.
Bay Area , California
March 11, 2007
If the food here is not a original as it once seemed, it is because Alice Waters has converted much of American cooking to her once revolutionary ideas. Fresh local food cooked without undue fuss tastes best. More of the bay areas top chefs have come through this kitchen than any other establshment, and the service is always as good as the food. I have been here often enough that it is no longer a place I am thrilled to get a chance to go to, but I always leave thinking, why don't we eat here more often?
August 9, 2006
Food was inventive, and tasty. Tried many different dishes. most were perfectly seasoned.
April 16, 2006
Thomas S.
San Francisco , California
122 reviews , 2 photos
Alice Waters and Chez Panisse are now time honored institutions. She invented Californian cusine 35 years ago. I don't think that this place is the most cutting edge CA cuisine anymore or that it is the best restaurant in the Bay area, 2 accolades it enjoyed a generation ago. But it is still a culinary mecca that makes good food with charm and competence. Our winter dinner was an enjoyable 3 hour experience. We drank a good Oregon pinot, that went well with the fixed menu. Our server was a professional, friendly without being familiar. This was my 3rd visit in 30 years. I'll gladly come back in another ten to check up on progress.
November 11, 2005
oak park , Illinois
Thsi is the greatest rip off since the Great Train Robbery..... The food is aaaaverage at best, . The Waitress couldn.t care less about your needs, The presentation is FLAT ( Like the food & service) dinner for 2 Cost me $160.00 & after I went out elswhere to eat. dont go there.
November 11, 2005
oak park , Illinois
This review is for the cafe upstairs. Which now accepts reservations! hooray! I haven't been here for 5 years - and the food is still EXCELLENT. The mushroom tart was mouthwatering, the cardoon (like a very young celery) was tender and fresh. Focus on the produce dishes here, Alice Water is a perfectionist and only cooks the freshest and best produce. The cafe is really the way to go ($30/40
October 7, 2004
Kalpesh Z.
Watertown , New York
The food was excellent, with the freshness of the ingredients obvious from the taste and texture. The waiters have been a bit peculiar, but they tend to any need that arises. The atmosphere is homely, apart from the crowds of people.
May 17, 2004
Gianni F.
san francisco , California
This place has the best food The staff is very friendly, knowledgable & casual and the dining room is modestly & elegantly decorated Their food is not heavy handed. the price is comparable to many upscale restaurants
1 | 2 | 3 | 4  Next >