Urban Spice

Category: Indian

Recent Reviews for Urban Spice
January 2, 2010
31 reviews , 2 photos
Beware of some of the reviews you see, mostly the negative ones. to me, it seems like the competition leving these bad reviews. I go to all kinds of restaurants and trust me if somebody thinks this restaurant is bad they are not being truthful. i have no stake in this place, i donot know the people who own it. this is the best indian place in that town.
September 29, 2009
31 reviews , 2 photos
I have been here and reviewed them for dinner and their food is delicious. This review is for their lunch buffet. As always the food was delicious. Fresh spread of vegetables, pickled onions , chana and other dishes, they had a creamed corn soup that was really good, tandoori chicken , murgh chicken, lamb rogan josh as well as vegetarian choices. The only downside was when the bill came. It was $15.00. Most buffets in the area top out around $8.00 and are just as good. In fact friday at Tawa on Stelton road is $11.00 and is better.The restaurant is clean, the food is great, the service was a little slow this time, I had already finished my first plate of 2 when they brought out my bread. They were very attentive when we came in for dinner last month but I left feeling a little neglected this time. Except for bringing my bread the only other time my waiter came back to my table was to scoop up the tip.Make no mistake, I love the food and have always recieved good service before.
April 11, 2009
31 reviews , 2 photos
My friend Bill and I had dinner there this evening.For appetizers I had the chicken65 and he had lamb skewers. The chicken 65 was awesome. I tried the lamb skewers, they were good but not in the same league as my appetizer. When we got our entrees they put a second table together with ours so we wouldnt be crowded.Bills mirchi murgh was chicken in a spicy sauce with red and green peppers, onions, garlic and ginger while I had the shrimp biryani accompanied with a yogurt sauce on the side. we tried two breads; one was with dreid fruit, nuts and raisins and another stuffed with spiced lamb. I topped off my meal with a glass of estancia syrah and Bill had a coffee made freshly ground on the spot.The service was great, the price ($80) was great and it was quite honestly the best indian food that I have ever had. I took a take out menu and plan to be back very soon.