Szechwan Court

Belmont, CA

Category: Chinese

Recent Reviews for Szechwan Court
September 13, 2006
I've never been to the restaurant, however my fellow co-worker's and I always order from here for delivery. The delivery driver's are friendly. The delivery time is prompt and fast, we usually order a lot of food and find it delicious and filling. We sometimes can't eat it all and put in the fridge, nuke it and it still taste great. We've ordered the: Tomato Beef Chow Mein Tomato Beef Fried Rice Chicken Fried Rice Vegatables over steam rice Pot Stickers Egg Rolls Chow Fun All were fantastic, the tomoto beef chow mein and fried rice are memorable. In fact as i'm typing this right now, I'm ordering it for take out as well.
July 30, 1998
My wife & I have been going to this place since it opened 4 years ago and we have been very happy with the quality of the food, even though the service can be slow at times. We've never had a dish served cold - I am surprised that this has happened as we go there at least 2-3 times a month. The prices are very reasonable and Phoebe, the hostess/waitress (& co-owner with her husband, the chef) is always friendly. Our favorite dishes are the hot & sour soup (I swear it is the best I've ever had), the chicken chow mein, the general's chicken, and the twice-cooked pork. I always feel like Pavlov's dog before I go there - the food is always consistantly great. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes good, hot, fresh Szechwan food at bargain prices to boot !!!! ENJOY !!!
May 21, 1997
Kevin O.
Szechwan Court is a very small place just North of the San Carlos border. It appears to be a favorite lunch place, but was rather empty on a Monday evening. The food was very good, and one dish, a pork with pickled Chinese cabbage, was fantastic. I agree that the food could have been warmer, and I also think it could use less oil, but overall I was more than pleased with our choices and the way they were prepared. (note, there is a Jujitsu dojo next door, so try a table away from the adjoining wall)
February 21, 1997
I have eaten here twice, and both times was disappointed. The food was either cold or undercooked. Service was poor. I live very close by, and really wanted this to be a good place. I may try again, just to be certain the first times were not just bad nights. They do seem to be busy, so it might be worth another try.