Max's Deli & Catering Company

Auburn, CA

Category: American, Bagels, Bagels

Recent Reviews for Max's Deli & Catering Company
October 24, 2006
I don't know why this place is listed under espresso. While they do have espresso, and damn good coffee to boot, it should be listed as a deli, or a cafe at least. I recently had the Sonoma Salad that was listed on the SPECIALS chalkboard as you walk in. It was excellent! Totally not what I expected. It had baby greens with apples and candied walnuts and bleu cheese crumbled on top with grilled chicken and a raspberry honey dressing. At 5.50 it was a bargain. I had to take some home with me. Definitely try the Sonoma Salad if you try this place.
October 4, 2006
I just learned about Max's this weekend after I had read a review in The Auburn Journal titled "Lunch On A Budget". Max's was given 5 out of 5 FORKIES for their Hot Pastrami sandwich. I must concur...it must be the BEST hot pastrami I've ever had! Not since I had a Pastrami at Brothers Deli in the Bay, have I had one this good. As I was waiting for my food (the place was packed...standing room only) I noticed other awards on the wall, for "BEST DELI", Best Soup Award, etc...They also had alot of photos of family members with Hollywood types like Sly Stallone, Lisa Kudrow, Dick Clark etc. I take it someone here is connected to or has connections to Hollywood. Anyway the food was great and I shall return.
August 24, 2006
I guess i'm not the first to review max's deli. i love the sandwiches here. i wish the owners would duplicate this place elsewhere as i feel it would be a hit! this is the kind of sandwich shop/deli/cafe that could put a stop to all the terrible sandwich places like subway or quiznos, etc. definitely try the hot pastrami #7, or the george costanza! i found a web address for them when i googled them...www.eatatmaxs.com, if that helps anyone.
June 29, 2006
Great sandwiches at this place.
April 18, 2006
I agree with the other reviewer, Max's has wonderful sandwiches. Very fresh, very satisfying.
April 10, 2006
Great sandwiches especially the Hot Pastrami or the Roasted Turkey & Avocado. This place gets very busy at lunchtime, but the service is reltively fast. They have indoor and outdoor seating.