Baraka

Recent Reviews for Baraka
February 21, 2005
Mel W.
Berkeley , California
It was my first time visit to a Maroccan restaurant and it was a full surprise. We head some vegetable soup amaisingly spiced with mint and afterwards some chicken dish with cuscus. Also they had a belly dancer who was making the atmosphere very nice. Maybe one of the reasons why I liked it so much was that I went with a friend who is from Marocco an he could explain/show me all the customs. I am really honest by saying that it was one of the best food I ever had in my life. It is worth to try!
August 18, 2003
S J.
We went on a Sunday at 5:30 pm and the place was crowded but not packed. Service was interesting (like above - a European slant), but overall the service was good. <br> The food is excellent. The pistachio crusted goat cheese was fantastic. We also had the Veal Cheeks, Lamb Kabob, Rabbit Salad...all good. To finish we had the Morrocan tea and a pistachio torte. Again, fantastic. Pricey, but worth it.
August 12, 2003
Anton H.
First: I'll admit that the food was indeed quite good, although the chef's decidedly heavy hand with the salt sprinkling was more reminiscent of the sort of spreading that one sees either pre-bout sumo wrestlers perform or just after a big Nor'easter hits Boston. Even so, the tagines were tasty, and nobody's done anything quite so imaginative with dates in a while--cheese, smoked meats and deep-frying can elevate even a lowly fruit mainly reserved for the painfully constipated to reasonably rarified culinary heights. Second: as a professed wino rarely impressed with wine-lists, Baraka has an interesting and reasonably priced offering. That said, (of course, the other shoe must drop on this final chapter of an unending portero-hill monopoly), the service was remarkably “European”. The charming lilt of the waiters did help somewhat to conceal that they managed to appear busy while accomplishing virtually nothing in the bustling, cramped dining room, but ... more