Centrella Bistro and Cafe

Half Moon Bay, CA

Category: Mediterranean

Recent Reviews for Centrella Bistro and Cafe
August 9, 2005
My wife arranged our anniversary dinner here on the first weekend in August. From the outside and upon entering this place appears to be classy and well-run, but my first (and probably last) experience here was not. Our waitress was very friendly, but forgot my cocktail order. My wife's appitizer (fried provolone + eggplant) was tasty, but the cheese portion was far too much. My fennel and scallop soup was rather "unique" tasting ... but it grew on me by the end. Of course when served it came without a spoon - so I spent a few minutes staring at the bowl. The salad course was better, but the citrus dressing on my nectarine + romaine offering was mostly bland. Next was the 32 oz ribeye for two. Ordered medium ... it arrived rare. I was too full to care by this point (we filled up on their homemade bread, which is excellent), and knew that 90 seconds in the microwave would cook it to perfection. We then ordered the custard dessert to go. Sta ... more
January 19, 2005
Because they change their menu so frequently and never know from lunch time to dinner what they are going to be serving my husband and I have never been able to dine here. I have called about 5 times since we have lived here in HMB (7 months) and not once have they been able to tell me what their menu will be like that evening for dinner. I am a vegetarian and my hubby is a salmon eating vegetarian so I always need to check in advance w/ every restaurant we dine at to make sure they have dishes we can order. The few times I have driven by and looked at the menu they have placed outside their restaurant as well as the non-up to date menu on line, they have not once salmon dish or vegetarian dish.
November 14, 2002
David O.
Nice place for Half Moon Bay. They usually have live music in the bar on weekend, so that adds to the atmosphere. A very large building, can take lots of guests with ease. The food is very good, and usually very fresh. A real plus for this part of the San Mateo County coast...
January 16, 2002
Angelito E.
California
"This vast warehouse-sized space was long used for processing and shipping artichokes and Brussels sprouts, but all that really remains of the original structure (besides the veggies on the menu) are the rustic wood trusses and some industrial-looking ventilators on the roof. The rest is natural stone, rich wood and warm colors, plus a big fireplace and a luscious exehibition kitchen." More about the food to follow...