Golden Era

San Francisco, CA

Category: Chinese

Recent Reviews for Golden Era
February 19, 2007
I'd say excellent if the service was more consistent. Have eaten here about a half dozen times over the past 5 years or so. Service either stinks or is very friendly. Went there the other day and one of 2 waitresses that attended to us was very stuck up and full of herself. She made it obvious she was annoyed when I did not completely know what we wanted even though we practically just sat down. I ordered pot stickers and 2 Thai iced teas for which she said OK in an annoyed voice and stammered off. Came back w/ one iced tea! Once our pot stickers came we re-ordered the other iced tea. Best pot stickers we have ever had! They seemed to be toasted! Probably steamed and then toasted and they tasted amazing! Ordered the Spicy Gourmet Chicken (bland name but absolutely amazing dish!) and the Spicy beef stew or something to that effect. The chicken dish is the best veg-chicken dish I have ever had next to San Jose's Vegetarian House-3 Cup Chicken. Both very boring non-eye catching na ... more
April 11, 2005
Matt S.
Daly City , California
I have to agree with Mary Lam. Amazing food and you might forget that it's all vegetarian. My meat-eater friends claim that the veggie versions are pretty close to the original ones.
January 6, 2002
You won't believe your taste buds when you eat at Golden Era. Some of the dishes look and taste so much like its meat counterparts that you'd be shocked to know that its all vegetarian! The serene environment is an added bonus too. You can check out the menu at www.goldeneravegetarian.com. Golden Era was voted the 2001 Editorial Winner for "Best Vegetarian Food" by Citysearch.com. I completely agree!