La Fleur De Lis

Category: French

Recent Reviews for La Fleur De Lis
June 29, 2012
Suma S.
We have frequented the Fleur de Lis several periods. The "Main House" has amazing wood and is designed with amazing items. The stairway alone is value going to see! We remained at the bungalow next entrance, also possessed by the Fleur de Lis. It accomodates a big household or team that wants to remain together and prepare some of their own meals.
June 20, 2012
khasrul
New York , New York
Very silent, but within easy reach to city. Tom is the perfect coordinator. Morning meal was delightful all 3 days. His understanding of the area was beneficial and entertaining!
August 13, 2009
JMC G.
Washington , District of Columbia
This is a great place for a fine dining experience. The food is always a little different in your choices - more in line with restaurants in larger cities.
February 13, 2007
Hubby and I have been to this restaurant many times and have had consistently fabulous food and service. Chef came to our table to recommend wine with our entres. This is the place for a special occasion - you can't go wrong! I'm glad this restaurant is finally getting the noterioty it deserves. (Btw, best lobster I've ever had was here!)
February 3, 2007
I am one of the few people that live in Lovettsville and go to La Fleur De Lis. I do not know how people can live right next to a great fr eanch restaurant and not go. I always have a good time. The food is always perfect. It always helps when you know the chief. He is a great guy and love what he does. And you have got to love that we are a little town in the middle of no were and we have a five star restaurant. Try my favoret the rack of lamb.
October 11, 2005
We had quite a dining experience. The waiter went out of his way to be accomadating. The cabernet that he had suggested was "perfect" to our taste and the entrees were very special and very well prepared. I had the tenderloin with mushrooms and blue cheese. It was really excellent as was my dates, salmon stuffed with crab meat. Great service, wonderful food and nice atmosphere.
May 25, 2003
Charles V.
Leesburg , Virginia
When it comes to giving out five stars, I am not so trusting of other gourmets' opinions.But given the prvious reviews, I was willing to commit. AND I was NOT disapointed in any way. A little more intimate than the Auberge Chez Francois but the staff really does try to make for an enjoyable evening. Only draw back of a small dining room is that if there is another party enjoying themselves (and there was)you tend to share willy nilly all of their jokes and endure the laughter. The food was carefully prepared and delicious. A small glitch in communications resulted in an overcooked filet which the hostess immediately offered to replace. It was still melt in mouth tender. There are so many goodies on the "specials" list which the hostess recites patiently from appetizers to entrees to deserts that I frankly had difficulty remembering what was offered after reading the menu. Perhaps a small printed card would help those of us trying to resist ordering ... more
May 16, 2003
Glenn V.
Maryland
Returned on 4/5/03 and we were not disappointed. Obviously this isn't a place to get a soup and salad: it isn't cheap but it is a dining experience. Our server was very good; when we ordered a wine, I asked about the particular whites and he asked if I was interested in the grape, the brand, or the region. This trip included a filet, rack of lamb, a filet w/crab meat and chesse, and a stuffed flouder and each dish got reves from us. <br> This is a MUST.
October 22, 2001
OUTSTANDING! 4 of us had dinner 0n 10/13. Appetizers range from $8 to $18 (and that was well worth the $18). A feature was a 1-1/2lb lobster served out of the shell with crabmeat and beautifully done vegetables. The Shenandoah Trout was served whole, stuffed with crabmeat. The NY Strip was served with Maytag Rogufort & wild mushrooms, topped with a madeira cream. A MUST is the soufle which is ordered when the dinner orders are taken - for a real treat pre-order the chocolate soufle when making reservations (another MUST). An excellent wine list with many available by both bottle and glass (glasses range from $6.50 up). We had a bottle of Fess Parker Chardonney at $26. Also, don't miss the cocktail specials which are recited by the server. This is a real gem located well off the beaten track and, if you plan on being in the area of Frederick, MD or Harpers Ferry, WV, this will be a highlight. The service is impeccable. Dress is casual to dressy (no jackets required). The ... more