Schooners Grill & Brewery

Antioch, CA

Category: Grill

Recent Reviews for Schooners Grill & Brewery
November 26, 2006
BEEN GOING TO SCHOONER'S GRILLE & BREWERY FOR OVER FIVE YEARS! HAD SOME ISSUES IN THE BEGINNING, BUT EVERYTHING HAS BEEN GREAT FOR SOME TIME NOW. LOVE THE BEER! STAFF IS GREAT! FOOD IS USUALLLY ON, BUT THEY MISS ONCE IN AWHILE. HOPE THEY KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB! WHY SUPPORT THE CORPORATE GUYS, THIS GUY IS LOCAL!
November 20, 2006
I have been to Schooners more times than I can count. I have always enjoyed me food and had outstanding servers... Try it out and see...
November 20, 2006
My family and I have been going to Schooner's regularly since they opened 5 yrs. ago. The menu has a huge variety of choices and the cooks do an excellent job with all the menu items. The staff are all very friendly and always make everyone feel welcome. Schooner's atmosphere is down to earth and very pleasant. And kids eat free on Wednesday's! We recomend Schooner's to everyone to try. You'll love it!
November 20, 2006
The food is great, the service is excellent! They are a Brewery and their beer is outstnding! Also a full bar. There is something for everyone. Check them out-you won't be disappointed
May 27, 2005
Renee P.
Discovery Bay , California
I had a great experience at Schooner's. The bar and restaurant area are fun. Our service was wonderful. I had the lamb shank and my husband had the salmon. We thought they were both very good. We have stopped in for appetizers and a beer and have not been disappointed. It does get very crowded though so be ready to wait or if you can grab a table in the bar you can be served there.
May 25, 2005
Lori W.
Antioch , California
I've heard a lot about this place so we decided a group of us would go there for a late lunch. The place is always busy but they are very accomodating to get you in as quickly as possible. My sister had a salad, the kids had pizza, I had pasta and my other sister had chicken. I think my sister that had the salad made out the best. I wasn't impressed. My pasta and sauce came cold, the kids pizza was like cardboard and the chicken was really greasy. I haven't been back, but my sister did and said she had a great meal the next time around. Perhaps just a bad day for the rest of us?
February 18, 2004
Excellent Restaurant!!! Be on the lookout....I hear that they are going to introduce a new menu soon!
January 9, 2004
What a GREAT place to eat! This place has everything. Excellent food, great family atmosphere, awsome beer and a super freindly staff and management. We've been there quite a few times, each time was better than the last. It does get very busy but they do take reservations which makes a HUGE difference. The bar area is lively and inviting, a great place to have an appetizer (try the calamari!) and a ice cold beer or margarita. The wine list is very well priced and the bartenders are knowlegable and fun. Dinner is always great but pay attention to the specials- where else in Antioch can you get Salmon Wellington with Spinach and Wild Mushrooms? The kid's menu is the best around. My kids never finish the big portions. The desserts are tasty and georgeous! The staff is great and will go out of their way to accommodate you. I highly recommend Schooner's to anyone who wants great food, great service, and a great time at a great price.
January 17, 2003
Hottest place in town - and deserving so. Early reviews very harsh for a place that opened with a BANG and needed some time to make the adjustments. Rarely have a complaint about anything now. Food has become very consistent, Service is always great and consistent. Beer is fabulous! Love the artichoke/spinach Dip. Love the lamb shanks. Too much to list. Owner is local guy that is always there and just wants to be the best for Antioch. Dave
February 11, 2002
Renee P.
Discovery Bay , California
I had a great experience at Schooner's. I read the other reviews and the management must have made some major changes. The bar and restaurant area are fun. Our service was wonderful. I had the lamb shank and my husband had the salmon. We thought they were both very good. We have stopped in for appetizers and a beer and have not been disappointed. It does get very crowded though so be ready to wait or if you can grab a table in the bar you can be served there.