Hungry Hunter

Recent Reviews for Hungry Hunter
May 26, 2008
Rod K.
Bakersfield , California
Great place for an upscale meal. I love the whiskey peppercorn steak. Between it and the prime rib, it is hard to beat. I think it is a much better meal than Stuart Andersons across the street.
September 15, 2007
Jeff S.
Eagan , Minnesota
This is a somewhat better than the average chain. Service is good, the food is better than average, and priced accordingly.
June 3, 2007
B W.
California
A good place for some primerib. They are located in a good place. Food is good.
December 1, 2005
Angel G.
Watertown , New York
December 31, 2004
Luke M.
bakersfield , California
I always have a great dining experience at Hungry Hunter. The staff is professional and polite. The atmosphere is clean and relaxing. The food is consistantly delicious. I reccomend the prime rib dinner.
December 9, 2004
This is one of my favorite places to eat in Bakersfield. I love the spinach salad, the table-side salad, the bread and butter, the rice pilaf, the baked potatoe, the red potatoes, the mushrooms. The food is alway good and filling. (I've had something be served too rare for my taste and it was proptly replaced.) I can particularly recommend the Forest Mushroom Chicken, and my utmost favorite steak in Bakersfield - a well done bacon wrapped, mushroom stuffed Filet Mignon. It's hard to get a non-onion tasty mushroom dish in Bksfd. <br> My husband hates to spend money on dinner without an "atmosphere" and I hate to eat dinner in an "atmosphere" that doesn't have really good food and seem clean, tidy and low-stress (no loud music or hideously long waits). Hungry Hunter is one of the few places we agree - many of the main dishes make us imagine hearty old-world european food. <br> If you haven't ever tried thi ... more
July 29, 2004
J W.
bakersfield , California
I loved the Prime Rib dinner here. The price is great the entree was superb and the side dishes were excellent, what more could you ask for?
April 23, 2004
Ron P.
bakersfield , California
The food is quite good and the atmosphere is very relaxing. An excellent restaurant for a date. The prime rib is the best.
February 7, 2004
Greg C.
Denver , Colorado
A very nice low stress steak house not to be confused with the "Hungry Heffer" of Cheers fame!! <br> If you are staying at a hotel in the area, you will want to eat here.
February 7, 2004
Jon M.
shafter , California
Excellent restaurant. The food is yummy and the prices are even better. The food and the atmosphere make you feel like you should be dressed up more. It definately feels like a high end restaurant but without the high end prices.