Villa Romana Ristorante E Pizzeria

San Francisco, CA

Category: Italian

Recent Reviews for Villa Romana Ristorante E Pizzeria
August 1, 2004
I have been here about 5 times and just went back today with my mom. I love the traditional Italian homey decor, but it's a bit more elegant then the standard which is vinyl red/white checkered tablecloths and hanging fake grapevines. It's very dim & relaxing. Usually very few people in here so I'm not sure how they stay in business. Each time I have gone it's virtually empty. We ordered an artichoke, cherry tomato, and basil pizza. Excellent! Hit the spot! My mom got coffee and I iced tea and before we were even half finished the server came back to refill each time. Very efficient service. When we were walking out the door the owner came to us and gave us 2 $10 gift certificates for free!!!!!! Have no idea why besides they need more business, but out of the other 2 tables there that had patrons we were the only one's who got GC. Score! They have a large pizza selection though very few veggie pizza options and not one 3 or 5 cheese pizza! Firs ... more
December 2, 2002
I love Villa Romana. It's been serving up great Italian food since I can remember. I'm 30, but have been going here since I was 10. Delicious food! Nice service! I like the family there!
January 30, 2001
Millie P.
Oregon
From the moment I walked into this Old World Italian Restaurant, I felt as though I was in the 1950's... It's Beaiutiful Fresco Murals that were Hand Painted, according to the Maitre D in 1953, depict beautiful Old Rome...Not Surprising since the place is called Villa Romana... In any event, the Food is incredible...they specialize in traditional Roman/Neapolitan Seafood Dishes, Pastas, and ofcourse Pizzas... I particularly enjoyed the Fresh Crab-Cioppino...only $18.95, and Humongous in portion... My Boyfriend ordered the Rack of Lamb...New Zealand, ofcourse, and very juicy and tender... The service is incredible... The owner's Son works the Dining room very, very well.. Great!~Great!