Scoma's Restuarant

Recent Reviews for Scoma's Restuarant
November 24, 2007
R B.
California
The diner food here is good, but not great. I didn't have anything that I could say, "That was great
May 12, 2006
Haute C.
San Francisco , California
We always eat at Scoma's when in San Francisco. The menu has recently changed to accomodate far more vegtables than necessary on a platter. However, this place has some of the best and fresh seafood in the city. It's straight forward fare, with grilling and baking featured. Always ask the waiter for recommendations. The wild alaskan salmon is unfailingly delicious. The wine list is extensive, and allows you pick something in your price range.
February 8, 2006
My family and I have been coming to this place for longer then I can remember! The staff is always friendly and the food always excellent! I won't kid you, there is usually a crowd, so be ready for a wait. Although you won't be upset once you get your meal! Try the swordfished grilled, it's my favorite! It may not look like a lot from the outside and all the misc. pictures on the walls might throw you off, but believe me...I go through withdrawals if I have not had my fix of Scomas atleast once year!
January 30, 2006
I went to this restaurant 1/29/06 with a party of five. I was surprised to find an over priced average restaurant. Two of the guests had fried seafood combos that were fried too hard and were greasy. The dinner salad was good but small for $8.00. The smoked chicken risotto I had was good, but not worth $24.00. The other two guests enjoyed their crab stuffed pasta with lemon/saffron sauce and seafood salad. We all agreed that we would not be going back to this restaurant again. There are too many better ones in SF. I would recomend McCormick and Kuleto in Ghirardelli Square which is only a block or two from Scomas.
November 11, 2005
Mike S.
oak park , Illinois
The best place to go for seafood in the fihserman's wharf area. Try the Cioppino, Lazy Man's Style. Or go for the Petrale Sole. Sometime you have to wait for a seat, but it is worth the wait.
November 7, 2005
Dave S.
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Can't get any better than Scoma's. I personally make a trip every year just to visit them. The quality of the food and service is unsurpassed. They take dining to the top.
July 23, 2005
Bob J.
Rockford , Illinois
Excellent salmon, and the seafood canneloni was very good. Very good service and attentive wait staff. The wait was 45 minutes on a Thursday night but very much worth it. A little off the main drag (Jefferson Street) but a good spot to find and enjoy a meal.
May 4, 2005
Nancy S.
San Francisco , California
247 reviews , 1 photo
I am a native San Francisco, lived here forever it seems, and this is and always has been my absolute favorite seafood restaurant! If we ever have visitors from out of town, we take them there, even if they mention other seafood restaurants they have heard of. The food is always excellent, portions are substantial and the service is great! If you want seafood, this is the place to go! Valet parking makes it even more desirable as the wharf area is always so impossible to park at.
November 13, 2004