Minako

3.0/5.0

2154 Mission St. (between 17th and 18th)

San Francisco, CA

Category: Japanese

Recent Reviews for Minako
November 29, 2007
J L.
California
VERY VERY good sushi place. The wait can be very long, but trust me you will not be disappointed. Very authentic and priced very well. Very friendly staff too.
June 20, 2004
Matt S.
Daly City , California
An amazing place for Japanese cuisine. It is run by a mother and daughter team, so the food has a very "homey" feeling, but beats most other Japanese restaurants in terms of quality. <br> They also offer a huge selection of vegetarian and vegan options, not found in many other Japanese restaurants. <br> The chef prepares food in phases, so your vegetarian selections are not cooked on the same grill as any meat. <br> My first time there, I wasn't aware that they offered a vegetarian miso soup (most other Japanese restaurants I've been too use chicken broth). I was pleasantly suprised when they brought me a cup and told me it was vegetarian!
September 21, 2000
They use all organic products when available and all vegan sauces and no MSG. I have only been here once since they have only been open for a couple days. Their vegan sushi is excellant and the roll is large compared to other vegetable sushi that i've had. The tempura is good too. Make sure to tell them that you are vegan because the dinner salad has nonvegan dressing and they are happy to substitute. This place has a nice family feeling and also the best vegan japanese food that i've ever had.