Coconut Bay Restaurant

Recent Reviews for Coconut Bay Restaurant
March 8, 2008
Jen Y.
San Francisco , California
My husband and I went to the restaurant on a Saturday afternoon. The restaurant window display their lunch menu and specials. As we was seat it to our table; we were given a dinner menu. I ask the waitress for the lunch menu. She was not happy nor please. Their lunch menu was different from the window display. She indicates the lunch menu on the weekend is different from the weekday. I ask her why did they not indicate that on their menu by the display window???? My husband and I receive our order; the chicken was dry, egg roll was really greasy and instead of serving us sticky rice they service us white rice-not what we order. The service was lousy, they did not refill our drinks, foods take a long time to come and forget our order. When we ask for the check-the receive already indicate how much we should be given for tips. I also notice several people was waiting for a table and decided to walk out; the restaurant was fairly empty. DISHONEST AND VERY BAD SERVICES!!!
January 7, 2006
A wonderful location with accessible parking and the food is authentic.
December 27, 2000
Michael F.
California
Coconut Bay is a great place to dine with a group of family or friends. The staff is friendly and the kitchen knows what they're doing. The flavors are right on, authentic yet with artistic variations that keep you pondering why they created their flavorful effects. The prices are reasonable (went for dinner) and parking is a breeze. I understand that Martin Yan has been through Coconut Bay and gave it his thumbs up.
November 30, 2000
For those of you with not a lot of time to read reviews, this is definitely a place worth trying. For the rest of you... My wife and I visited Coconut Bay this evening after finding it here on dine.com. It is a small restaurant on Burlingame's quiet Howard Avenue, and as of this writing has been there for three months. The wait staff is cordial, the decor modern and clean, the atmosphere a bit loud. Another point to make is that this restaurant is not just Thai, but also has influences from Singapore and Malaysia. We had five dishes: We started with the Roti Bread, an indian flatbread served with curry sauce. Quite good, although the portion was somewhat small. I still prefer the Roti Prata at Straits Cafe in Palo Alto. Next up was the dancing prawns, 4 large shrimp stuffed with ground chicken and crabmeat, then skewered and broiled. This was quite tasty and a contender among other dancing prawns in the ballet of other Thai ... more
September 30, 2000
I love Thai food and this was definitely a winner! The 'house' coconut soup was excellent, as was all of the food. The atmosphere was very nice, neat decor. I will definitely go again, it is now my favorite Thai restaurant.
September 27, 2000
Excellent food, great variety. Wonderful unobtrusive service and relaxing ambience. A great meal at a great price.
July 31, 2000
Vic C.
Excellent food. More of a variety than just Thai. It also has Vietnamese selections and dishes from other countries. Fried banana and ice cream was a great way to end the meal.