The Half Moon Bay Brewing Company

May 10, 2008
Michelle S.
Boca Raton , Florida
226 reviews , 1 photo
We were there on a rainy Sunday afternoon - but still had a good time! We had the artichoke appetizer which was good and some good beers.
October 14, 2006
Kian Z.
San Mateo , California
The establishment offers good ambiance in dinning. The indoor and outdoor seating choice is a must to contribute fully to its casual atmosphere. The outdoor seating is plexi-glass barrier protected for the cold and/or widny season. The out-door heating lamps and fire place create attractive outside seating for the fresh-air dinning enthusiast. There is live perfomance in the evening, which we missed, since we were there for a Friday lunch(13 Oct. "06). Wainting time for the seating outside took 20 minutes instead of the few minutes as offered by the host. The host offered a warm and kind greetings. We decided to try small plates to test the restauranteur. The appetizer plate of sampler smoked fish fell well short of its price $15. The large plate was half empty, yet the peaces of combination smoked salmon, tuna, half cut Granny Smith apple, a branch of seedless red grapes, Berie, and sliced bread were generously distributed throughout the large plate. The smoked fish ... more
August 14, 2004
Didn't order an entree though I saw the entrees were pricey which is totally normal for this area. I ordered the Pear Salad which was okay. Came with everythign separated on the plate I guess to look fancier or somethign, but I woudl had liked it all together which woudl had made it much easier to eat. Came with very minimal amounts of crumbled blue cheese, glazed pecans, asian apple pears, butter lettuce, and a raspberry vinegrette dressing. The pecans and dressign were good, but as always they searve their side sauces and dressings in those tiny little dixie liek plasic containers which aren't enough for half of anuthign they serve it with. Because everythign on the plate was not mixed together and the lettuce was in too large of pieces this was not a great salad and I wouldn;t order again. I also got Sand on the Beach cocktail and instead of bringign me that the waitress brought me Sandy Beach Blonde beer which was absolutely disgusting!!!!! I informed her pol ... more
August 7, 2004
Went today and had their beer battered artichokes and may I just say AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! They come with a blue cheese dip which is very light on the blue cheese flavor. This cures any battered craving I get! They give you so much too! I'm so glad I didn't order anything else because it's a large semi-deep bowl full. I also got this yummy cocktail called Shipwreck. Has my all time favorite Midori, Grenadine, pineapple juice, OJ, and rum. SOOO good! like every fruit candy in one drink and very low alcohol content as I didn't even get the slightest buzz.
June 27, 2004
Definitely the most expensive brewery I have ever been to! But what can one expect being in HMB? I have only had the veggie burger here and the beer battered artichok hearts. The veggie burger was the worst I have had, but the arties were awesome! I & my hubby are addicted to them! My hubby loves beer, but has yet to find a really great beer here which is ironic. He's tried about 4 of them and has yet to order the same one twice. Either too week or too strong. The atmosphere when you can sit inside is not too loud and relaxing with a semi-decent view of the ocean. I have yet to sit outside with the majority of the crowds for that exact reason, crowds! No desire at all. This is definitely somewhere you'll ant to make reservations for as they are packed eachtime I have visited.
July 8, 2000
m22713
fremont , California
THe half moon bay brewing company is a new brew pub located in the princeton harbor over looking the beautifull pacific ocean, the view is spectacular and if you love beer you must try the sampler from a light pilsner to a harty stout ( my favorite is the amber called mavrick). And the food is a wounderfull combination of American and seafood.The beautifull brew pub and awsom view are a great place to bring a special friend or a aplace to go if you just want to relax and have some fun.